Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Wwise Integration with Playmaker

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by matthewfreilly, Feb 12, 2019.

1. matthewfreilly

matthewfreilly

Hi All,

I'm new to Unity and also to Wwise, which I'd really like to integrate into my first game. Unfortunately, although I can get sounds to play in Wwise designer & also see them in my soundbank editor, Unity does not recognize the audio files in the wwisepicker window. I can expand out the soundbanks tab to the default manager & I see my soundbank listed, but there's nothing in it. Am I making a stupid mistake here, or is there a bigger problem with integration of wwise if I'm using playmaker? Thanks for the help!

2. matthewfreilly

matthewfreilly

By the way, I'm getting these error messages in playmaker:

By the way, I'm getting these error messages in Playmaker:

Wwise: Bank Load Failed
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    AkCallbackManager:postCallbacks() (at /Users/matthewreilly/OK_WwiseIntegrationTemp/Assets/Wwise/Deployment/API/Handwritten/Common/AkCallbackManager.cs:336)
    AkSoundEngineController:LateUpdate() (at /Users/matthewreilly/OK_WwiseIntegrationTemp/Assets/Wwise/Deployment/Components/AkSoundEngineController.cs:70)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Wwise: Load bank failed : incompatible bank version. Bank was generated with an older version of Wwise. The Bank version is 128 and the current SDK version is 132
    AkCallbackManager:postCallbacks() (at /Users/matthewreilly/OK_WwiseIntegrationTemp/Assets/Wwise/Deployment/API/Handwritten/Common/AkCallbackManager.cs:336)
    AkSoundEngineController:LateUpdate() (at /Users/matthewreilly/OK_WwiseIntegrationTemp/Assets/Wwise/Deployment/Components/AkSoundEngineController.cs:70)

Wwise: Load bank failed : incompatible bank version. Bank was generated with an older version of Wwise. The Bank version is 128 and the current SDK version is 132

3. aihodge

aihodge

Those error messages say you have to update your Wwise SoundBank to be compatible. Update your Wwise installation and then regenerate your SoundBank files as a first step.