Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio [WWise] equivalent to AudioSettings.dspTime?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by dann96, Apr 11, 2021.

1. dann96

dann96

I've been attempting to integrate WWise into my unity project and and I can't seem to find any good documentation regarding its integration with Unity's API. What I'm trying to do is use the dspTime in order to maintain rhythm in a rhythm-time game, and I wanted to see if WWise has something similar.

2. aihodge

aihodge

Are you using Wwise's interactive music system? If so, you can create a callback function associated with a given Wwise event call, and receive notifications for various musical events (beats, bars, custom cues tagged on a music segment timeline, etc) as they occur during audio playback. The Unity/Wwise integration also provides information like inter-beat duration (based on the clock settings of the Wwise engine), which may also be useful to you for synchronization in a rhythm game.

There's some examples of how to create this callback function and listen for specific information within it on the Audiokinetic boards which is probably a better resource for you then Unity's Audio forum. For example:

https://www.audiokinetic.com/qa/674...acks-with-the-unity-integration?show=674#q674