Search Unity

Feedback Wuli rocks , open for collaboration

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Wulirocks, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Wulirocks

Wulirocks

Hey there,

I have been developing this game for while now, and I am quite interested to hear people's feedback on what they see here. I am also definitely open for collaboration. I am looking for C# programmers.
    I handle the art...

It is using 2d sand box engine, so the maps can be huge (bigger than needed I think).
    -Currently connected to Playfab server
    - Available free demo in about 2 week ( game is being tested by small group)

Upcoming features( already in development though)
    • In some area you'll be able to break blocks, collect material, craft items etc...

• Customizable character, gender, skin color is on the way to let your imagination run wild.

• Melee mode!

• Multiplayer mode!
    • WuliMaker! Design your own map, share it with your friends on Playfab Server and we'll see what happen from there.

• Random Map generation, because it is better if the party is never ending.

the ice is a mock up... so it has been adapter in the game to be more consistent with the blocky style (I disabled the slope tile in the game.... )

Will record an other video show more interesting mechanics, like all the different moving and rotative platforms etc.... for now got this:

Attached Files:

Arkade likes this.
  2. Arkade

Arkade

Looks great! You can definitely handle the art ;-)

I was surprised by the audio. From the screenshots, I'd expected a modern game but the music took me back to 16-bit era. That's not necessarily bad -- just as long as it's intended :)

In a similar vein, the video shows a game that is quite 16-bit era in play-feel. I wonder if you've considered "juicing" it to maybe bring it a bit more modern? (again, that might be against design intention so NP if not :) )

(From the background of a programmer though I'm not available for collab.)
    If you're hoping for C# programmers to join, perhaps describe something about what code is already done, what is it you're hoping they'll add/do/redo? (inc. existing code 'style/quality'?) You mentioned you've already integrated PlayFab -- I guess you've started on your multiplayer aspirations?

Good luck!

Wulirocks likes this.
  3. Wulirocks

Wulirocks

Will reply back, more in depth, but all your comment are really good... I will absolutely make a video or set of video that shows the different game tools or one way or the other give an idea of what is going on inside the project. The gameplay video does not show the project in depth.. will be back

4. Wulirocks

Wulirocks

Sorry for the very late reply! I finally had the time to make a video yesterday that gives more info about the project. I am going to do more videos like this in order to cover more thing so programmer can have a better appreciation of the situation. In the meantime, let me know if that video is useful in general to the community...
    If there is anything in particular you want me to talk about, please let me know.

Probably, the next one should be about the world map editing tool... but this is just a suggestion...

5. Wulirocks

Wulirocks

I can't talk too much about he music because the composer for the game has made tons of songs and we had many conversation about the music already... I definitely don't want to go for a too retro style... the best would be to gather players opinion . I even though about adding a feature so people can pick the music they want.. easy to do.
    Here is the artist if some are curious:
    https://meteoxavier.bandcamp.com/album/meteocrity-vol-1

Multiplayer aspiration? Yes, definitely, how about a 1 to 4 players with a Melee mode. But playfab is not just for multiplayer, account system, player data, currency, items all is saved online.

By the way, demo is about 150MB, all assets are stored online, some on Amazon S3, other are Unity Addressable. Really cool for fast loading and updating.( but it is a bit difficult for me to manage on my own, I could use some help here )

It is very Data driven, since it uses a sandbox engine, the world or map is just a big Json file(stored on Playfab), the terrain is loaded and unloaded as you move around the map.

For the juicing you just mentioning, yes of course I am not a purist, I am not trying to replicated the 16-bits era perfectly and definitely wants push it toward new directions... How would you make it more modern? Add glows? lighting effect? I am glad you pointed that out!

6. Wulirocks

Wulirocks

Did not have much time to record a video about the world map editing tool, but in the meantime, I hope that gif (initially a gif) gives more info about the advancement of the project.... you'll see there is an inventory (connected to play ), and I am using only one weapon here, the boomrang.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=472084957303106

Also an other way for programmer to get an idea of the work left to do, is simply to get their on the demo and test it out I think. So that is what I am working on... Actually I already found interested people, but let's keep the door open and get more input from people...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021