Search Unity

Wtf is going on with the bots on these forums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DoctorShinobi, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

Lately I'm witnessing more and more bots around the Unity forums. They especially love to infest the alpha and beta forums.
    Question to the Unity team: Is there any active development to make sure these will stop? Perhaps adding Captcha tests when posting for the first time might help.

MadeFromPolygons and xVergilx like this.
  2. xVergilx

xVergilx

Also, we need more mods in the different timezones, so that reports are being processed in time.

I've noticed that moderators are humans, and have to sleep sometimes. This is a bug.

jk. But seriosly, we need more mods.

3. sxa

sxa

And can we reduce the 30-second 'penalty wait' in between reporting posts.

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Ive complained about this for a long time now. Every day almost (less and less now that this still is an issue) I report 10-20 bits of spam, but I can never be bothered anymore as I have to wait in between being able to report the spam.

Ive just basically given up on trying to help clean up the forums because unity themselves are not doing anything to help us do it and seem to have processes in place that actively make it more difficult for us.

Its irritating as hell though to see more spam piling up but nothing done to make it easier for us to report it.

Antypodish, sxa and xVergilx like this.
  5. N1warhead

N1warhead

Would be cool to have a mechanic built in to where if enough people report something it'll be temporarily blocked from being seen from regular users.. Of course this could be abused (hence temporarily blocked) until someone can handle it. so if people do 'abuse' it, they can be dealt with.

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Several spam things are being evaluated. Really though, a couple of bots are not gonna kill ya. Get back to you games :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.