Search Unity

[WSA/UWP] Fails to build C# projects due to Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.pri not found.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bboydaisuke, Jun 30, 2016.

1. bboydaisuke

bboydaisuke

Hello,
    I tried to build C# project in order to debug further. But it fails.
    I have no idea what ".pri" file is. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

PROBLEM
    VS fails to build Unity C# projects. When it fails, the following message is logged in output window.
    WHAT I DID
    Build project from Unity to Visual Studio projects.
    Build "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass" project first, "Assembly-CSharp" project next, and build myApp project.
    And VS failed to build myApp project with the error above.

NOTES
    It fails when "Unity C# projects" is checked for WSA build settings. It build successfully when it is unchecked.

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

I think that may be happening when there are no files in Assembly-CSharp-firstpass project, can you check that?

Also what Unity version is this?

3. bboydaisuke

bboydaisuke

Thank you for reply.
    I verified Assembly-CSharp-firstpass project has many files in Plugins folder so seems it's not the case.
    And Unity version is 5.3.4p1.

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

There were fixes in that area. Can you check with newest 5.3. If the issue remains, please report a bug.
    Note: you may also want to try clean build. Delete the solution directory and csproj files in Unity project directory for Assembly-CSharp*.

5. bboydaisuke

bboydaisuke

Thanks,
    I cleaned up .csproj and UWP folder in Unity project dir, and build destination folder. Then install Unity 5.3.5p6.
    Unfortunately build failed due to "not found unprocessed" error as follows.
    I got this error before and gave it up. I saw another error this time so I expected something has changed but seems I fall into same place.