Search Unity

WSA target does not respect orientation settings

Discussion in 'Windows' started by piacentini, May 29, 2015.

1. piacentini

piacentini

Using 5.0.2f1 and targeting WSA. Apparently the orientation settings are not respected. I need to disable portrait mode. So I tried:

a) Setting the defaul to auto rotation, but disabling Portrait/Portrait upside down.
    - Works for all platforms, ignored in WSA

b) Locking the default orientation to Landscape
    - Same result, it still starts in Portrait mode and rotates do it.

Is it a bug? any way to hack in and force the DefaultOrientation directly in the VS project? This is preventing me from submitting to the store...

Regards,
    Mauricio Piacentini

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Those settings are saved in Package.appxmanifest (in VS solution), Unity overwrites that file only if it's missing, so if you change something in PlayerSettings (in Unity), but Package.appxmanifest is there, those settings won't be applied.

So in this case, simply click on Package.appxmanifest, and set the necessary settings there.

3. piacentini

piacentini

Thanks, Tomas. I found this already, and it works indeed if you set the orientations there.
    Still, the file that is initially created (if you build on an empty directory) is incorrect. It would be nice if Unity could set these flags correctly, in the same way it sets splash screens and icons. But I am glad there is a workaround!