Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WSA 8.1 - No documentation? & VS2013 Build Issue

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by berzerk, Apr 5, 2015.

1. berzerk

berzerk

Hello,

I have a Windows Store Universal App (8.1 RT) and I'd like to try out Unity Analytics.

I followed all available documentation, but there is no information specific to Windows Apps that I could find. The only mention is that "now Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 are supported." I do understand that it is a beta and the Windows support was added very recently, but at least a Forum post about it would be nice. If I missed it, please point me in the right direction - I looked very hard and did not find anything.

Now regarding my issue: I implemented Analytics and it runs fine in the Editor, including the Basic Integration validation through Unity servers (running in the Editor). Then I build the Unity project into a Visual Studio project (no errors/warnings in Unity's build), but when I open it in VS and try to build the problem appears.

VS cannot resolve the DLL and it throws a build error even if I don't run anything related to Unity Analytics. I commented out all "using UnityEngine.Cloud.Analytics" and all calls from my code and it still throws the error just by having the plugin there.

This is the error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot resolve Assembly or Windows Metadata file 'UnityEngine.Cloud.Analytics.dll'    C:\<path>\<project>.WindowsPhone.csproj
    The DLLs are in place, freshly installed from the Store. As mentioned, it works from the Editor and sends the validation data to Analytics' servers.

Here is the basic info:
    Unity Analytics 1.8.2
    Unity 5.0.0p2 Personal
    Visual Studio 2013 Update 5 CTP
    Windows 8.1 64 bits
    Language: C# / XAML

[Edit] In case it is relevant, my Unity build settings include "Unity C# Projects"

Thanks!
    Ricardo

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  2. kentunity

kentunity

Unity Technologies

Hi @berzerk

I couldn't reproduce your issue with using the exact same parameters you gave (Unity Version, VS version etc.)
    1. Could you try removing the SDK and reimporting again?
    2. Also can you tell me what platforms are checked when highlighting the Assets/Plugins/Metro/UnityEngine.Cloud.Analytics.dll?
    3. On your Build Settings, what SDK is selected? Universal 8.1?
    4. On the Visual Studio Project which device are you targetting when building?
    5. On VS 2013's Solution Explorer, each of the Solutions should have a reference to UnityEngine.Cloud.Analytics.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015