Search Unity

WRP FB Simple & Easy Facebook SDK Integration

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by weRplay Unity, Jul 5, 2015.

1. weRplay Unity

weRplay Unity

WRP FB Simple & Easy Facebook SDK Integration
    The Simplest Plugin Wrapper to integrate the most common & useful features of the official Facebook SDK!
    Updated to support the latest official Facebook SDK for Unity.

Post your queries and suggestions in this thread. We shall reply you as quick as possible.

Easily add social sharing, friends invites, wall posts, high scores, leaderboards and many other facebook sdk features to your unity game.

While working with Unity and facebook, we felt that there had to be an easier, simpler solution to making our games more social. We created this wrapper for the official facebook sdk that gives access to the most common and powerful social features of facebook in the simplest possible way.

Integration:
    -Download and import the official facebook SDK
    -Download and import WRP's Simple Facebook Integration
    -Set the Facebook App ID & Name
    simple, easy and your Unity game is ready to be more social
    and you're good to go.​

Features:
    - Wall posts with or without screenshots
    - Access App Friend Lists and likes
    - Invitable Friends Lists with Pictures
    - App requests to friends
    - High scores & Leaderboards
    - Send custom POST and GET queries to the FB Graph API
    - Get user account details including list of app requests​

play & let play!

2. Omar Tovias

Omar Tovias

Does this work with iOS or just Android?

3. abdulbasit.abdi

abdulbasit.abdi

Hi Omar Tovias,

Yes, it works for both, iOS and Android, platforms and also for Web.

4. Omar Tovias

Omar Tovias

Thanks a lot. purchased !!!!

5. roy_boy71

roy_boy71

Recently purchased the WRP package. Not sure if happy yet. I had to research that it only works with SDK 6.2. So have done that. So it is up and running. Now seeing it is very much a skeleton with minimal documentation and incomplete examples. I need to know how I can obtain random friends facebook pictures and place them as 2dtextures into Unity3d so they can be used. How can this be done? I assumed the example would have this based on description.

ie: getFriendsProfilePics - how do I pass them into -> convertURLtexture2d and ensure these textures are in folder such as /resources/textures.... I need code example please. Then will be satisfied. I did buy product expecting examples to be completed.

Secondly - how am I to get the -> get all friends profile picture's ID and url - 'getFriendsProfilePicsFailedEvent' or 'getFriendsProfilePicsSuccessEvent' will be triggered in response. They are not returned in the code query you have - so not complete even though it would be simple for experienced programmer yet makes it difficult for me to obtain.

Brings back 0 for ids.length on getFriendsProfilePicsSuccessEvent ->
    says successful though... need to get textures into Unity3d. : (

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  6. weRplay Unity

weRplay Unity

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the feedback, we will update our documentation soon. You know its a continuous process there is always a room for improvement in everything, I hope this would help you to integrate FB in your game.

For image to texture conversion you can get help from the given link http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/WWW-texture.html and also from the example function given below, secondly you can subscribe FacebookMainCallback.getMyProfilePictureSuccessEvent; for the callbacks, sample code is provided in WRPSampleListener.cs file,
    FacebookMainCallback.getMyProfilePictureSuccessEvent += getMyProfilePictureSuccessSample;
    sample code implementation is given below in unity.

void getFriendsProfilePicsSuccessSample(string[] ids, string [] urls, string[] names)
    {
    WWW profilePicture = new WWW (urls[0]);
    yield return profilePicture;
    if (profilePicture.error == null)
    {
    FBprofilePicture.mainTexture= profilePicture.texture;
    System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes("Assets/Resources/profilePic.png", profilePicture.texture.EncodeToPNG());
    print("ProfilePictureSaved");
    }

}

please let us know if you need further assistance.

7. yohami

yohami

Does this work for a desktop Windows / OSX app? how do you handle the FB login?

8. ctknoxville

ctknoxville

Does this handle install tracking for mobile platforms? Wanting an easier way to implement install tracking so I can advertise my apps on Facebook.

9. outasync

outasync

Hi Does WRP FB work correctly in Android landscape mode? Currently I'm using Facebook sdk 7.3 and it shows the navigation bar, does WRP do this also?

Carl

10. norbertots

norbertots

Works in Windows 7 in web browser full screen? WebGL?l

11. norbertots

norbertots

i need send a picture to a facebook fan page in a windows web (WebGL or Web build).. i need a example project or a help to do this... this is possible?