Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Wrong Mesh Deformations with Skinned Meshes in ECS with Unity 2022.2.2f1

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by Prince_of_Persia, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Prince_of_Persia

Prince_of_Persia

It seems that mesh skinning demo in ECS URP samples is broken in Unity 2022.2.2f1.

I have attached a project created with Unity 2022.2.2f1 and using ECS "1.0.0-pre.15". This project is directly a minimal project showcasing Skinned Mesh sample in ECS URP Samples. There is issue with Skinned Mesh Deformations. The skinned meshes are deformed incorrectly with glitches visible.

I have also modified the project to work with Transform_V2 in ECS. You can remove "ENABLE_TRANSFORM_V1" from Scripting Define Symbols and hit Play button again. The glithces are still visible and there also seems to be another problem in Transform_V2 that offsets characters root position.

I can confirm that this project works correctly with ENABLE_TRANSFORM_V1 and Unity 2022.2.0b16. But it still have problems with Transform_V2.

Is there any fix planned for this issue? This is stalling our development.

Attached Files:

2. linfuqing

linfuqing

The same issue,any temp solutions?

3. Rukhanka

Rukhanka