Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

wrong document and wrong MonoDevelop dialog about creating managed plugins.

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Zh7, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Zh7

Zh7

i`m using Mac, OS X EI Capitan 10.11.5, Unity 5.4.0b23 Personal.i have two issues about creating managed plugins.

1) in the page "Unity Manual / Working In Unity / Advanced Development / Plugins / Managed Plugins" of 5.4 beta document, the "Creating a DLL" section, it said UnityEngine.dll and UnityEditor.dll will be placed inside "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Managed/", but actually i found them inside "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Managed/" on my machine.

2) in MonoDevelop, i`m trying to add references of these two dlls to my project. the document said i should " choose the option .Net Assembly tab > File System > select file", but i can`t found anything looks like "File System" while the ".Net Assembly tab" is selected, and also there`s nothing looks like "select file", instead there`s a "Browse" button, it will bring me a file dialog for dll seeking. the problem is, this dialog can not navigate into a .app bundle, all app bundles are gray out so they can not be selected and navigate in, thus i can not pick anything from their internal folders.

there`s a workaround for problem 2: right click Unity.app, select "Quick Look", then Unity.app will be selected and a quick look popup will be shown. now close the popup and press CMD+DownArrowKey, the file dialog will then navigate inside the app bundle.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. Alex_May

Alex_May

Thanks very much for this, we will update the docs with this info!

3. Zh7

Zh7

And what about problem 2? will you look into MonoDevelop, or just move these dlls somewhere outside the app bundle? or maybe you can simply use a symbol link.