Search Unity

Games Writer Tycoon

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by bryan-levitade, Oct 11, 2018.

1. bryan-levitade

bryan-levitade

Writer Tycoon

I always missed a certain type of game in the world. Something similar to Game Dev Tycoon, but not quite like it. A Writing Tycoon.

More to follow for the patient and vigilant

Cartoon-Mania and GarBenjamin like this.
  2. bryan-levitade

bryan-levitade

Update 1 - Writing system

I've started with a simple variant of the writing system. A selection of genres and theme's will in the future be available, as well as a size and target audience.

Once the player finishes writing his book, he can keep the manuscript to publish later, or attempt to publish it straight away. Either through self publishing, or by contacting publishers.

3. RobsonCozendey

RobsonCozendey

I was in doubt if you would take the serious route or the parody route. Bukowsky writer: drink and involve yourself in fights (and occasionally write), ghost writer, scandal writer (first involve yourself in a scandal), etc. :)

bryan-levitade likes this.
  4. bryan-levitade

bryan-levitade

You almost just convinced me to redesign the game as a parody

5. bryan-levitade

bryan-levitade

After finishing a basic version of the writing system, I've moved on to the first version of the publishing system.

Upon completing a book/manuscript, it's stored. You don't have to publish straight away. From this menu, you can access your finished manuscripts, and publish one. Publishing can be attempted through a publisher, or by self-publishing on Bookazon.

Follow our twitter if you like this game :)
    https://twitter.com/MagmaflowC