Search Unity

Wrecked: Island Survival

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by john55223, Mar 25, 2013.

1. john55223

john55223

Notice: All content on this thread is owned by John55223, and will not be redistributed without written consent from the owner, John55223.

What Is Wrecked?
    Wrecked is an island survival role playing game. You take on the role of a survivor of a plane wreck, that is trapped on an island until rescue arrives. You must sustain a proper hunger and thirst level, while creating shelter. You will be able to craft, and destroy. This is game is aimed to be as unique, immersive, and realistic as possible.

Picture this:
    The jet's engines suck in the rain from the storm as it passes, quickly digesting the liquid and releasing a vapor waste. There are around 20 passengers on the plane as you look around, but you notice they are worried. As you rub your eyes, you obtain the sound waves from the pilot's mouth, screaming, "This is flight 199 at coordinates 193, 106! Does anybody read?" Over and over those words spur through your mind, then there is an explosion. Everything fades to black.

You awaken in a wreck. What was first a luxury Boeing craft is now shredded sheets of metal. All around you there is bloody, water, and bodies. You crawl around trying to gather some basic supplies that you might use to survive.

Features of Wrecked:
    • Never before seen realism and immersion, you feel as though you are actually on the island, and fighting for your life.
    • A single player game mode, which allows you to play even without an internet connection. Here you can sharpen your skills in survival.
    • Maximum of 10 people per server multiplayer. You will have a "main server" which you can connect to, and invite your friends.
    • Thirst, Hunger, Blood levels, pain, and much more to maintain at steady levels to ensure survival
    • Realistic "health" regain. You won't eat and then magically replenish your health
    • Ability to build shelters, set fires, and destroy the environment
    • Realistic Day/Night Cylce
    • Different weather, sun, rain, tropical storms.

Project Developers:
    Note: I am looking for some people that would like to help me piece together this puzzle, any artists, 3d artists and programmers are welcome.

John55223 - Head developer. Does 3d modelling, the scripting, and the art that is needed to bring the project to life.

Screen Shots:
    Sorry, the game is still in very early and slow development, and we do not have anything fancy to show off yet.

Feed Back
    Note: Any questions, or concerns that are posted below will be quoted here, and the answer will be given. I appreciate everything that anyone has to say. Please just try and keep it clean.

2. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Sounds Interesting! Looking forward to some screenshots and your implementation of health and hunger etc. :D

How big will the island be? Can you for example, choose different sizes? Will the islands be randomly generated?

Will the gameplay consist of endless survival or do you have to survive until rescue arives at a certain time? Will you need to alert the rescuers of your presence in means of, for example, smoke or lightsignals?

3. john55223

john55223

I think that I will have three different game modes upon release.

Campaign - You are to survive until rescue finds you. You will use smoke to alert a boat of your presence if there is one. There will be an end eventually to this gamemode

Survival - survive as long as possible without dieing. Conserve resources, and build whatever you want. You will never be rescured.

Multiplayer - Survival with friends

Regarding the maps, at the original release, I intend to have one standard map, but after the game gains popularity (few hundred players) we will create several different island models. The first island will be small, but we will increase the size before release to give room for players builds.

Sorry for the messy reply haha.

Thanks for your support.

4. iWoundPwn

iWoundPwn

Sounds very interesting. Any cost details right now? Like will it cost money or is it going to be F2P?

5. Zulthus

Zulthus

So.... should I basically think LOST? Sounds interesting.

6. dtg108

dtg108

I like the idea but is there ANY sort of screenshot we could get? It's great in concept but I want to see something :D.

7. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey

Sounds familiar

8. iWoundPwn

iWoundPwn

Hey John I can help with some concept art for the game, also some basic modeling and programming! Just shoot me a PM know Javascript, and a little C#.

9. dtg108

dtg108

lol, John, did you take ANY inspiration from Ben's game?

10. john55223

john55223

Wow, there are a lot more views than I have expected.

Pricing:
    Expect around 10-20 dollars a copy, hopefully this will cover server costs for initial release, then I hope to implement a way for players to host their own servers.

Lost is a good way to put it, except you don't have creepy S*** going on.

I didn't see any game like this yet, so I decided to put together the concept after watching castaway in school. Most the stuff I saw was related to zombies.

I'll go find your game then Ben, would be nice to see what else is being made along the survival genre.

11. xtremepman

xtremepman

Sounds like a good idea... Would do even better as an MMO!

BTW: was this game inspired by lord of the flies?

12. john55223

john55223

I have just begun to read lord of the flies, so no. Most inspiration goes to the following:

DayZ- The survival aspect and the level of realism improves gameplay.
    Lost - A great survival show
    Cast-Away - Entertaining movie that brought in the concept of a plane crashing, and crafting etc.

13. xtremepman

xtremepman

Screenshot please!

14. welwiz1

welwiz1

ye this aint atall thesame consept and NAME as the game ive been working in for the past 2 years, i wonder were you got the idea?

15. Eyehawk

Eyehawk

Sounds like a cool concept. Turning this into a Lost type game would be amazing.

How does this differ from current survival games, e.g. Day Z, Rust, etc... The mechanics seem to be quite similar.

16. caseyatbric

caseyatbric

Where did he get it? You have no posts other than that post.

17. welwiz1

welwiz1

thats because i sighned up to ask him, i dont get why you commented?