Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Would it be possible to get the splash screen color?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Deleted User, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I haven't tried- the question is too general to easily pull up. Obviously I'm going to experiment with this when I can, but I thought someone here might know:

I'd like to transition smoothly from the default "personal" splash screen (which I actually like) - to my own short splash before transitioning to the menu scene. In the past I matched the background color manually, but recently it was changed from a navy blue to a dark gray.

I wonder if there's a way I could test and grab that color, or otherwise retrieve it, so that I can set my splash camera's clear screen color to it?

Barring that, the splash shouldn't change on past builds - unless naturally you re-build with a newer version of Unity, so I should be able to use a fixed color and just make sure I've changed it to match in my build.

2. verybinary

verybinary

you could grab a screen shot of your app loading up, then use a color picker tool to match it?

3. Schneider21

Schneider21

This is definitely the simplest route, and you'd only have to update it if Unity updates the splash screen and you update your Unity version to match.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yeah I'll just keep setting it manually. It's just an interesting question because Unity is running, but I don't think any of your scripts initialize before or during the splash (?) otherwise you can always just get the color at a screen position in a script.

5. Schneider21

Schneider21

That was something else I was going to mention but forgot. Timing for when your first script fires has seemed kind of inconsistent to me. Sometimes it's actually during the splash screen display period, and other times it's not until after. Always go with the simplest option first!