Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Would be great to have some feedback.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DevionGames, Feb 4, 2012.

1. DevionGames

DevionGames

2. TheCasual

TheCasual

Looks pretty good , but the character controller seems very small when near the chairs.

3. DevionGames

DevionGames

do someone has a tip what to do, so that they look better?

4. DevionGames

DevionGames

5. markusb

markusb

that is good work, I like it.

6. ChaosWWW

ChaosWWW

I think these look good, but you said you wanted some feedback so here you go.

The modeling looks great, the only thing I can really see that could be improved is the interaction of the objects with each other, specifically wooden structures. A lot of the time planks of wood collide with each other without any believable way they could be there without falling. For example, in your first image the stairway just merges with the platform. Some bolts /screws /ropes might help sell the connection between the pieces.

In regards to texturing, one of the first things I noticed was that the wood looks too shiny. Wood isn't really shiny unless it's finished, and I can't imagine medieval war machines or battlements being particularly fancy. Some variance in the wood might help a bit, I noticed that most of your models share the same wood texture. Baking ambient occlusion into the diffuse texture might be a good idea as well, although if you are planning on using something like SSAO this would probably be un-neccisary. Finally, the use of normal maps might be helpful, assuming you are targeting higher end hardware (AKA not phones).

Your potions look good too. The suggestion of normal maps and ambient occlusion still applies here, but I'd say the reverse about the shininess. These are supposed to be glass bottles, and as such should be shiny and possibly have a reflection map as well. Additionally, I think you could add more detail into the solid color elements of your potion textures.

Good work overall, though.