Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Worldspace UI not always responding on IOS (works fine on Android)

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by ROBYER1, Nov 11, 2020.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Just flagging this issue up here and wanted to know if I was alone.

Using AR Foundation on IOS/Android, I have a prefab spawned in AR by an Image Marker which has a worldspace Canvas UI with buttons on it. On Android it works fine but on IOS the buttons are intermittently responding and don't always click.

I actually made this project using the Unity ARFoundation samples repository and used a sample scene for image tracking. Nothing fancy going on, I have extensive experience with AR projects and have made sure I have an event system/standalone input component.

I have reported this issue here:
    (Case 1291989) [UI][AR Foundation] Worldspace UI buttons work fine on Android but intermittently on IOS while in AR

2. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I have investigated further and this issue is directly caused by Graphic Raycaster components on screen space Canvas gameobjects interfering with worldspace UI graphic raycasters on IOS only, on Android I can have as many Screen Space canvas + graphic raycasters in the scene as I like and Worldspace UI buttons work fine. I believe this is a platform specific bug.

This was bad practice of the AR Foundation Demos team also as they have a 'Guidance Overlay' UI template which has a Graphic Raycaster on it which was the direct cause of this issue on IOS when I was investigating this issue in their other scenes. I have notified the AR F Demos team of this here:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-demos/issues/35

LinkDev likes this.