Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Worldspace objects going in front of Canvas in Screen Space - Overlay?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by sauerkraut, Jun 5, 2016.

1. sauerkraut

sauerkraut

Hi there - I am scratching my head. I am using Unity 5.3.4F1 and have a canvas with Render Mode: "screen space - overlay" with some buttons in bottom right corner (see image below), but when the plane of certain objects intersects the front of the camera (ie. gets closer than the main camera's near clipping plane, currently set at the minimum of 0.01) then the object goes in front of the canvas, which is supposed to be impossible, but that is what is happening.

Any ideas? I have perused the online doccos, and nothing suggests that this should be possible, and googling this finds many people trying to correct problems with Canvases in camera or world space, but I can't seem to find anyone with the exact situation as myself.

Any thoughts?

upload_2016-6-5_14-50-47.png

2. crispybeans

crispybeans

Just an idea, Try setting the render group to UI maybe you're rendering in the render group for the rest of the geometry ?

3. Percy-Pea

Percy-Pea

I've just discovered this in a project i'm on in 5.3.5. A solution was to remove any materials assigned to the images in my Canvas. There are some shaders you can also use (namely the UI ones) to make materials if you do need one.

Sadly I was using a mobile shader for performance reasons, which doesn't like it :(

Another solution could be to use a second camera for rendering the UI only.

4. ZackZ

ZackZ

Try sorting Layer

5. ZackZ

ZackZ

Attached Files: