Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

World Streamer 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Kagami12

Kagami12

Hello!

I like this Asset and use it a lot, but I keep running in to the error "Scene index "x" is out of range." when using ring loading. The issue seems to go away when I check the sync with other layers, but then my low poly streamer won't unload the low poly terrains.

Thanks

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We use native async unity scene loading.

PerunCreative_JVasica likes this.
  3. NOSALIS

NOSALIS

Hey! I recently had to redo some terrain for my project and when I went to split the terrain using the Scene Splitter it was gone. Like, there is literally no mention of it in any of the dropdowns. I'm gonna try to reimport the package, but I wanted to put this up to get your input.

Cheers!

4. NOSALIS

NOSALIS

Reimporting solved it.

5. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Does anyone use this with Map Magic 2 and what is your workflow like? Thanks!

6. cowj

cowj

Hello, I am considering whether the plug-in is suitable for the game in production. The game has a randomly generated open world terrain environment, which is randomly generated by the user when creating the world. Does the plug-in support segmentation of the entire environment after the terrain is generated at runtime? Or other feasible solutions will also be very helpful, thanks for answering

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can stream empty terrain data and fill it with data after you load it, then system can unload. So you can use ws2 as terrain load/unload system but data you have to fill at runtime. We stream only scenes which are saved files.

8. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

@NatureManufacture Hi, I am quite interested in buying this asset. I have some questions. How will I edit my terrain once all of it have been sliced into different scenes?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  9. Crossway

Crossway

Hi. Does it work for the lights and prefabs we create at runtime?

10. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

I have a feeling this project have been abandoned

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Simply Unity doesnt send notifications when there is message. It's good to mark us with post: @NatureManufacture etc.

Nothing is abandoned here:) we support our assets at asset store everyday since 7 years:) best way to communicate is to catch us at discord. There is huge community

If you create something at runtime how you would like to stream it? What for? Streaming is for saved data. Ofc you can for example stream placeholder fill it with data and unload when player is far away. it's usefull for multiplayer games when you stream network objects which read current stage from server.

12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can edit terrain like it become one. Unity from 2019.4support multiple terrain workflow. You can edit it at work scene or.... if world is too big you load world part via local area updater, change and save.

13. Crossway

Crossway

@NatureManufacture

Thank you.
    Is this compatible with Map Magic and Vegetation Studio?

14. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Thank You, I will be joining your discord

unityunity