Search Unity

World Streamer 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Kagami12

Kagami12

Hello!

I like this Asset and use it a lot, but I keep running in to the error "Scene index "x" is out of range." when using ring loading. The issue seems to go away when I check the sync with other layers, but then my low poly streamer won't unload the low poly terrains.

Thanks

2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We use native async unity scene loading.

PerunCreative_JVasica likes this.
  3. NOSALIS

NOSALIS

Hey! I recently had to redo some terrain for my project and when I went to split the terrain using the Scene Splitter it was gone. Like, there is literally no mention of it in any of the dropdowns. I'm gonna try to reimport the package, but I wanted to put this up to get your input.

Cheers!

4. NOSALIS

NOSALIS

Reimporting solved it.

5. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Does anyone use this with Map Magic 2 and what is your workflow like? Thanks!

6. cowj

cowj

Hello, I am considering whether the plug-in is suitable for the game in production. The game has a randomly generated open world terrain environment, which is randomly generated by the user when creating the world. Does the plug-in support segmentation of the entire environment after the terrain is generated at runtime? Or other feasible solutions will also be very helpful, thanks for answering

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can stream empty terrain data and fill it with data after you load it, then system can unload. So you can use ws2 as terrain load/unload system but data you have to fill at runtime. We stream only scenes which are saved files.

8. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

@NatureManufacture Hi, I am quite interested in buying this asset. I have some questions. How will I edit my terrain once all of it have been sliced into different scenes?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  9. Crossway

Crossway

Hi. Does it work for the lights and prefabs we create at runtime?

10. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

I have a feeling this project have been abandoned

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Simply Unity doesnt send notifications when there is message. It's good to mark us with post: @NatureManufacture etc.

Nothing is abandoned here:) we support our assets at asset store everyday since 7 years:) best way to communicate is to catch us at discord. There is huge community

If you create something at runtime how you would like to stream it? What for? Streaming is for saved data. Ofc you can for example stream placeholder fill it with data and unload when player is far away. it's usefull for multiplayer games when you stream network objects which read current stage from server.

DrMeatball likes this.
  12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can edit terrain like it become one. Unity from 2019.4support multiple terrain workflow. You can edit it at work scene or.... if world is too big you load world part via local area updater, change and save.

13. Crossway

Crossway

@NatureManufacture

Thank you.
    Is this compatible with Map Magic and Vegetation Studio?

14. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Thank You, I will be joining your discord

15. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It works with vs pro, with map magic I didnt try myself.

16. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

First line at every our asset discription at asset store got: discord, website and facebook links. it's good to use discord for smooth communication. There is big community which will help for sure or you can directly catch us there.

18. graphicsayy97

graphicsayy97

@NatureManufacture hello dev, you have a marvelous asset, thank you for your hard work

however i see that for my project it is large install size (3.4 GB, more than most of my game assets combined in project resource)
    please dev, what folder are safe to delete?

i use asmdef: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ScriptCompilationAssemblyDefinitionFiles.html

and wish to make use of bare bones folder to make assembly def for and include in main project asmdef for ease of use(extensibility, source controls, and modified sublibrary),

so please dev, what can I do to make import size not so large? i just want core functionality, which part is causing so much size?
    thank you developer, for your hard works.

19. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Come join us on his discord,quick way to get issues solved and help from community https://discord.gg/pzGzwGFz

20. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Hi, does anyone know if WS2 works with Photon?

21. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's envrionment streaming system, it have no relation to any network system beside it can share true player position if you use floating point fix. So it will work with every system.

MorpheusXI likes this.
  22. rojbarak

rojbarak

Is there a World Streamer 3 in work?

23. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Nope, we will release ws3 only after there will be huuuge changes which will need asset rebuild.

24. Sholms

Sholms

Hello, I have a level made of just meshes like cliffs, etc, Does this asset work with levels without the unity terrain system? if so, can I skip the terrain manager step and just use the streaming layers?

25. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes it doesnt need terrain.

shyamarama likes this.
  26. FalconCGN

FalconCGN

Hi @NatureManufacture ,

If I click on "Generate All Scenes From Virtual Grid" it starts to create the scenes but stops at around 50% then it slows down extremely and I stopped the process after almost 9 hours.

I am using a setup of
    - Terrain_HQ
    - Terrain_LP
    - Huge Objects
    - Large Objects
    - Medium Objects
    - Small Objects

The grid size is between 75 and 256. Terain size is 16x16 tiles of 125x125 units within Unity directly.
    I tried again and still no difference.

It basically stops at Terrain_LP__x-4_z-4.unity and just does not continue from here.

I have no idea how to continue here.
    Any tipps?

Best
    Sebastian

27. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

solved at discord?

28. DrMeatball

DrMeatball

Apologies for a potentially dumb question!

I know that the terrain needs to be created in individual tiles and make use of lots of layers, but would this enable me to work entirely within a single scene? I'm having trouble understanding the concepts behind Gaia Pro's multiple scene loading and unloading and (if I'm understanding properly) I would much prefer to use your solution.

Ideally I'm going for a 5x5km^2 map broken into (do you have a suggestion?) sized tiles.

PS - I have just about all of your assets.. freakin fantastic quality, A++!

29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please check video tutorial. Work scene is single scene whil game is not.

DrMeatball likes this.
  30. DrMeatball

DrMeatball

Between Youtube, the demo scenes and the Doc pdf I think I understand usage a little bit better! One thing I wanted to clarify to make sure I do understand properly..

Developers always ask how big this terrain chunks should be? Basically it's your choice we could give you a few tips, depending on way that you chose

I see in your huge scene you used 500x500 terrain sections so I'm just going to copy you :) If my goal is to have a final world size of 5500x5500 units and I do plan to use Ring Streaming, I assume that I will end up with an 11x11 grid of 500x500 sized terrains correct? Just clarifying to make sure I am following along properly.

Taking that a step further, is there any limitation on doing a non-square terrain setup - not the split sections, they would continue to be 500x500 units, but suppose I wanted an overall 7500x5500 world map (oof, that'll be a lot of work populating it, but this is mainly just hypothetical). I know that Scene Manager will have to be configured appropriately, but could it be done?

TY again!

PS the layers big/medium/small thing is really smart. I was wondering why Unity didn't have something like this. :)

31. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

- I feel like you should render unity terrain tree cross/billboard distance +50m?.
    - Another thing is distance when you will notice replace unity terrain into LP mesh
    - In the past terrain was really heavy, now it render much faster if you use instancing.
    - If you drop foliage from terrain you can render it even at longer distance because terrain mesh is not so heavy for pc (if it's instanced)
    As you can see there are multiple things that affect your choice:)

Yes you will have 11x11 grid and potentialy you should always have loaded.3x3

DrMeatball likes this.
  32. Rom-

Rom-

Hello!

Does this asset work in WebGL builds? Can I have a barebones scene to start, and stream in assets as needed after I'm in the scene?

Unity docs say to use UnityWebRequest to stream assets inside of WebGL builds, but I'm wondering if this asset will handle most of the boilerplate stuff for me.

Thanks!

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It won't work out of the box in this setup.

34. inmim

inmim

I'm not reading about real world terrain data. I have ESRI ACII, geoTIFF and a few other bathymetry.

35. GutembergAres

GutembergAres

Hi @NatureManufacture, I woud like to know if your solution for terrain streaming and performance could help me resolve an fps drop issue in my game, we have two cameras in a vehicle with variable field of view (very wide and narrow) looking in different directions, your asset can manage terrains by multiple cameras?

Thank you for your attention.

36. Cooo_oooper

Cooo_oooper

Hi,
    Just a quick question before buying the asset: does this work with terrain that is already split into different tiles?
    Say a 16kmx16km terrain split into 24x24 tiles?

Cheers!