Search Unity

World Streamer 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Sep 2, 2020.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

1920x1080.jpg

World Streamer 2 is a memory, assets streaming system. By using it you are able to stream whole your game from a disc in any axis and space or at least change background terrains into low poly mesh representation with trees. You are able to create endless space games, 2D platformers, 3rd person, or any kind of game you want without loading screens during player movement. You could also create endless looped world. In few clicks your game is ready to be loaded from your disc! Now your scenes are as big as you want, without any limits. You could work on local area and update world by 2 buttons. You could also separate your world into layers like: lighting, ai, geometry or even separate them into local areas. It's perfect soluton for teams that work on the same area. World streamer is also useful for architectural presentation or in any application that you need to use as low memory as possible. With streaming you will reduce objects count in your scene. Thats will save your cpu,gpu power and you will only load them if they are necessary. Collider streaming give you ability to stream rooms and floors, only when player will hit room/floor area collider. You could build whole towns with interiors without performance hit. Ring streaming will replace your unity terrains by low poly meshes in far distance. Now you are able to stream your open world from disc in few clicks.

Asset Store Link: World Streamer 2

About World Streamer:

Features:
    - Low poly mesh generator from terrain and trees (from NatureManufacture trees or objects with cross or low pomy mesh as last LOD)
    - Sync between layers (objects can replace object during streaming)
    - Terrain split and managment tools

- Floating point error fix system
    - Looped world system
    - Multi scene editing support
    - Unity 2019+ support
    - Multiple layers streaming
    - Support for multiple devs working at one area
    - Removes world size restrictions and slow down in unity editor at huge or extremely detailed scenes
    - Ring streaming (replacement of the objects according to the distance)
    - Collider hit streaming
    - Support for extremely big worlds
    - Easy automatic processes will save your development time
    - Few and clicks you can stream endless world
    - Work in any axis and space: 2d, 3d, vertical, horizontal
    - Reduce RAM,CPU,GPU,VRAM usage of your game
    - Reduce number of objects in your scene
    - Load your world in background (async loading)
    - Compatible with amplify, graphine and any other texture stream system
    - Loading screen system
    - LOD system for split terrains
    - Webplayer support
    - Occlusion Culling support (Unity 5.5+)
    - Innovative local area updater
    - Terrain culling system distance based on camera view
    - Compatible with terrain stitcher and multiple terrain brush
    - Unity navmesh support with floating point fix
    - Fully commented opensource code that will help you to work with World Streamer!
    - Compatible with: World Creator, Gaia, Terrain Composer, RTP, uConstruct, Gena, Curved World, Real World Terrain, Granite, Amplify Texture, Terrain Stitcher Multiple Terrain Brush, Terrain to Mesh, Most Asset Store Assets.

Tutorials:

Manual:
    Dropbox file link.

Difference between WS 2 and WS1:
    - 1 streamer object to manage whole streaming and layers
    - better light setup manager per layer
    - layer sorting using folders not only prefix and names.
    - Low poly mesh generator from terrain and trees (from NatureManufacture trees or objects with cross or low pomy mesh as last LOD). It give huge performance boost and reduce drawcalls alot.
    - Sync between layers (objects can replace object during streaming)
    - Terrain split and managment tools
    - Town and foliage assets samples
    - Huge world demo scene
    - Mobile demo scene

Example game working on world streamer and our few other assets like R.A.M (links below):

Another example - MMO Game:

Cloud Point viewer example:
    Create Impressive App (10).png

Change your terrain background into cheap low poly meshes:

Accurate low poly meshes with trees for background terrains (4).png

Loop your world:

Looping support(2).png

Mobile demo scene:
    Mobile Friendly with Demo (8y).png

Visit us:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Our website - naturemanufacture.com
    Discord - support

You could also look at our other packs:

Unity Tools:
    River Auto Material 2019 - create fabalous river in few seconds, (ground textures included)

River Auto Material - create fabalous river in few seconds, (ground textures included)
    Lava & Volcano Envrionment 2019- create fabalous lava enviro, volcano, river, cave.
    Lava & Volcano Envrionment - create fabalous lava enviro, volcano, river, cave.
    World Streamer - optimise your game, stream data and remove memory, cpu, gpu usage, create endless looped world. Reduce loading times.
    World Streamer 2 - optimise your game, stream data and remove memory, cpu, gpu usage, create endless looped world. Reduce loading times
    Terrain Stitcher Tools - connect multiple terrains, remove holes in 1 button click. Options will help you to handle any shape connections. Easy and fast border stitching.
    Multiple Terrain Brush - work at multiple terrains as they become one, without any borders and holes

Terrain Shading:
    CTS terrain shader 2019- AAA terrain render and textures made with Adam Goodrich, 1 pass (less drawcalls then unity terrain), snow,water auto cover. Totaly easy in use.
    CTS terrain shader - AAA terrain render and textures made with Adam Goodrich, 1 pass (less drawcalls then unity terrain), snow,water auto cover. Totaly easy in use.

Environment:
    Forest Environment - Dynamic Nature -
    huge library of trees, rocks, grass, branches, slopes, best artistic content winner at unity awards 2019.
    Meadow Environment - Dynamic Nature - huge library of trees, rocks, grass, flowers
    Mountain Tree Pack - Dynamic Nature - HQ optimised tree pack. Cheap in render and gives fabalous render result.
    Ice World - ice shaders for water and models with huge ice textures library
    PBR Graveyard Pack - really huge library of PBR cemetery sculpted and scanned models with foliage. You will find monastery, interiors, graveyards, nature, walls
    Advanced Rock Pack - auto-covered rocks which you could easly blend with unity terrain. Big library of HQ ground textures included.
    Advanced Foliage Pack - huge library of foliage (grass, roots, trunks) with ground textures. Vegetation studio supported.
    Photo Scanned Park Assets - photoscanned and optimised park models like fountains, statues, bench, laterns, stairs and fences. Best LOD's in the planet :D
    Dynamic Nature Starter - library of rocks, trees ground textures and shaders which could be autcovered by snow at runtime.
    Winter Mountains and Stamps - group of background mountains and stamps for gaia and new unity terrain 2018.3+
    Realistic Grass Pack - pretty old grass (billboard) texture library
    Realistic Tree Pack - pretty old big library of trees, optimised and cheap in render
    Mountain Tree Pack - pretty old group of mountain trees, optimised and cheap in render.

Ground Textures:
    Winter Ground Pack - library of winter ground textures like rocks, snow, paths , grass etc
    Landscape Ground Pack - big library of ground/forest textures
    Landscape Ground Pack 2- big library of ground textures

VR & FP Models:
    VR Hands FP Arms - pack of hands and arms models with fabalous skin shader. Mobile and standalone versions.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Rowlan and RandAlThor like this.
  2. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hi and congratulations on releasing World Streamer 2.
    This is again a nice release and i think i like the generating of background terrains with trees best.

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's not only for streaming, you can change background and reduce huge amount of batches by it. So you keep whole enviro around in cheap version with invisible difference:)
    We will show this feature usage many times in future during creating big scenes:)

Low poly meshes with trees for background terrains (3).png

We still have few things to jump, unity is full of traps in streaming.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Teila and shyamarama like this.
  4. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

As i wrote i have some question but also have to say that i saw your tutorial video and almost finished rerading your documentation. Maybe because english is not my main language and i do not read thrue the complete documentation i miss something here and there.

My first question is and i hope i understand it right, do i have the right documentation or do you still writing on it and we get a more complete version later. You mentioned a chapter 14 but that i do not find.
    I am interested in wich other assets is supported or working with World Streamer 2 and get some tips or hints from you at that toppic.

So i use the complete set of the Micro Splat assets from Jason Booth and hope i can use it with WS2 also together with Aplify Textures 2 for textures that are not the landscape. Will this work and do you have informations on how or what limitations i have to think of?

Is it right that the grass is not backed into a low poly background terrain?
    I understand that this will save many polys but sometimes the green color that the grass adds to the terrain is missing in the distance if the ground texture was more a soil one and then look for example broun and misleading in the distance.

Then i use World Machine to create my terrains and port them later to Unity where i will then finetune them like for examples create paths or flat places for a little town or so.
    The first question here is how can i use WS2 if i export the terrain in tiles from World Machine for a normal sized terrain that Unity can handle?
    Also how can i use and import more then one splat map for a terrain if i use for example 8 or 12 material colors in World Machine?
    The final question for a World Machine and World Streamer2 worklow is how i can work with them together if i have real big terrains that Unity can not handle normaly. So for example 30 km x 30 km sized terrain (so 900 km²)?
    Here i have to use tiles that i export so have to know how i do get them into Unity with WS2 and then how can i work with them in Unity, meaning how can i then place a town here and a street there or change something directly on a terrain. I think i mean the navigating with WS2 to reach each tile of the terrain to work on.

Then i would like to know how i can handle changes to the scenes that happened in a multiplayer or single game?
    So i want to use Digger Pro so players can dig into the ground with a shovel. How i have to do it so that the change in the terrain i saved and another player who is comming to that terrain part can see the change in the terrain or in a single player game the hole in the ground is still there when i leaf the tile (unload it) and later come back to that tile?

My last multiquestion for today is, can i bake the background terrains in a running game when the player for example is building a little town on one place where before was nothing and will the baking also use Digger Pro information to bake them into the new ground?
    If i can do it, how and when should i do it so the game is not stuttering everytime a bigger change should be baked?

I am sorry to come with so many questions but hope you can answer them.

Bitcore likes this.
  5. SSL7

SSL7

Hi, I'm following this asset for a long time (WS1), and now that WS2 released I would like to ask some questions to see if it fits my setup (since my game is in late development already) before going ahead and purchasing.

My setup:

The Game World is a big one and is created with MapMagic1 for terrain creation and ground textures (using CTS 2019), along with vegetation studio pro for any vegetation.

Questions:

1) How the workflow will change? With MM1 tiles are generated/desabled on runtime in regard with player's or game object's position, will this be the case using WS2 or the whole map will be opened in advance and WS2 will take care of what enables/disables?

2) Does it sound like it will work with my setup? Any conflicts with MM o VS Pro?

3) What will my benefits be? My main issue with MM1 right now is that it has some spikes when enables new terrain in runtime

4) Anyone else using similar setups have some input?

Thank you

Thorgrem likes this.
  6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ok so step by step:
    1. Amplify textures will work for sure as it work before. If microsplat work too it will be fine too. I must ask JB but it's only terrain shader so shoudnt be problem.

2. I think you don't understand the core idea of background terrains. They are used to drop meshes that are invisible like grass, small plants and lods from trees. Next all data that left become batched into blocks to reduce drawcalls. So terrain with 40 000 drawcals use 2000.

3. World Machine is question for world machine. We simply cut terrains into parts or use existing parts for streaming no matter how you import and create them and what data they got inside. I personaly didnt play with world machine so can't assist.

4. Such bake will be heavy at runtime. It must create pretty complex meshes from heavy terrain data. That would be slow. Look that this process even at editor take time.

1) I quess there could be conflict if you would like to stream terrains with MM. If you would disconnect built terrains from MM and use it for streaming it would be fine. If not try to stream everything else then terrain but... you will hold MM data all the time at scene. That could kill GC at engine as it must check all files at scene before it release memory.

2) VS pro will work as it work in Ws1

3) I cant tell you as I didnt play with MM. You probably kill cpu via number of objects at terrain and scene.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  7. amynox

amynox

Hi,
    Congratulation for the WS2 release.

As a long time user of WS1, it seems from video and features list that WS2 is a « small » upgrade from WS1: almost same features list (terrains manager, nice addition but now there is terrains tools in unity package system), slightly better UI and that’s it!

It feel to me like WS2 has to be a simple update -the much needed for years- to WS1 and not a new system.

don’t get me wrong, I will love to upgrade to WS2,but just don’t see any breaking feature or « performance » benchmark between WS1 and WS2 that will be worth the time needed to upgrade from the « old » to the « new » one. As in my opinion « streaming performance » should be the main focus of WS -as all the other « features » (terrain to mesh...) exist in bullet proof assets on the asset store.

Will love to take more clarifications on the key selling points of WS2 for a WS1 user. Specially performance Or workflow wise if there is any. (Unity Jobs system ? The new World Updater ? -WU in WS1 it’s a real pain..-)

for all the other users reading this post, if you are looking for a system to START your world streaming journey WS2 is probably the way to go.

Cheers

FlightOfOne and awesomedata like this.
  8. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Streaming perfomance depends from unity not system. So your benchmark will not show anything beside that we speed up few things. You cannot jump over unity threads. Until engine will not speed up internal functions you cannot jump over this. You cannot load terrain faster then unity can do it without writing own terrain system.
    Terrain to mesh do not convert and optimize trees in background.
    We had to totaly re-write ws to add new functions so it's not an update. We had to do it to kick limits from system.

9. StephanCoupland

StephanCoupland

Congratulations on WS2, it looks great.

Please can you record a video on the use of the Local Area Updater tool. Particularly how to add, amend and remove game objects from your game, and also how to manage the scenes in the build after those changes have been made? Thank you!

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There is pretty simple manual for that part. Easy pie I think. I must release new asset now, when I back to ws I will add few more tutorials. Also maybe new features will come too.

11. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So because i am unhappy with your answers to my questions i will try it again. I am sure i explained my questions not well enough and maybe i asked to many questions at once.
    Also please be sure that i know World Streamer one and understand what you are trying to do with the new version and also the core idear of background terrains.

So i start with the World Streamer 2 and World Machine.
    I know and work with World Machine Professionel for a long time and also can export terrains to Unity together with not only a hieghtmap but also one or more splat maps. So my questions are not about World Machine but World Streamer 2.

There are two questions.
    Also there is the fact that Unity has a limit in terrain size not only meaning one terrain can have only a max height map size but in World Machine i can create much greater Terrains and can/must export them later to Unity in tiles so Unity can work with them.
    You explained in your video how i can convert one terrain, so one height map, to World Streamer 2 workable files.

1. How can i convert a terrain that come from World Machine in many tiles because of Unity limits so that World Streamer can use it?
    For example a 16 km by 16 km big terrain that also exeed also the physics limits from Unity, another reason i want to use World Streamers floating point system and not only the streaming feature.

2. Can World Streamer convert a terrain that has more than one splat map and if so how?
    I want to use for example 3 splat maps per terrain tile so i can use 12 ground materials that should automaticly use the splat maps.

Please be kind and think about me trying to use your great produkt to produce a larger world and finding the right workflow.

I have more questions later also one that can be understand as a feature request.

12. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

1. WS2 can read any tiles/terrain and cut it into smaller chunks. Import data into unity and play with terrain manager. You chose yourself how big grid should be. Check video tutorial how we play with terrain and cut it into chunks inside ws2.

2. Ws2 have system to handle as many splats as unity terrain have. Btw unity will die during loading so much texture data. Each splat is non compressed rgba texture.. It's good habbit to kick unused textures at terrain tiles.

All data which is at unity terrain, no matter how many textures and trees can be converted into LP mesh. Im not sure why you ask about.. There is no difference in terrain for us when terrain have 4 or 12 layers. Beside that loading unity terrain with such amount of splats is very heavy for engine and render.

16 x 16km doesnt need floating point fix. Simply move terrain into -8 up to 8k.

13. Recon03

Recon03

World Machine is done like any other height map inside Unity. it don't matter if you use GAIA, World Creator its all the same, a height map.. World Streamer handles the streaming of the terrains, GO's etc.. So it don't matter you can import them like any other....

Splat map in World Machine has nothing to do with World Streamer, when you make your shader or if you use Micro splats, CTS or w/e. save them as a normal splat map , normal etc, Unity has terrain tools for most of that as well...so again really nothing for WS to worry about this is all handled the same way as any other splat map... I have used World Machine for years.....

I would handle your splitting inside the game engine if you can't if its to big for Unity, then break it up. and bring it in. you have more control inside the game engine when you can control tiles, as you may need to change anyways to test for performance as you go, I do this for Unreal also... I control all my tiles inside the game engines...

14. Recon03

Recon03

by looking at it, I would agree. so if I was Bart I would prolly do a better job of showing new stuff off. I been using World Streamer and even sold a game using it to an investor .... it was great.. (still is) but I have not updated yet myself and not so sure I will I have a lot invested into WS 1 .and it works fantastic.. with my tools as well I built around it over the years... so looking at new stuff, its not much that interest me. or would help me, now new users I would be all over it 100%....

but honestly I thought it would be a lot different. ( maybe I have not seen it.) which is prolly the problem, so I would show this off to users of WS1.. rewrite is good, but a lot of us prolly did this as well over the years. So it may not help everyone. new features would help it. good imposters system, a built in generic networking, for new users.( to show them demo for floating point issues .multi player demo with WS... ( maybe work with Photon or someone else... . something I get asked about a ton... drives me crazy at times, the amount that ask this.. I know out of scope, but work with Photon or Unity, some networking solution for a basic demo or something....most game develpers are great coders but not great at this aspect, not surprised, since its more advance, but a lot of people do ask this...it was even broke for Atavism. , and World Streamer... 1 ( I tried to help them some, but I never used Atavism much...personlly, I did help some with Photon though...but I wont be around much longer, so people will continue to either not buy, or bug the crap out of other users... lol due to this and floating point

( I even got on Photon about this ( of course ignored.. ) Users prolly would buy more too..

( This issue in Unreal, any non coder can do..) piece of cake, so I advise to make it easy for Unity, and World Streamer 2 is my feed back/// (prolly the most asked question I got than and of course mobile...since I sold my game on mobile open world mobile game to an investor using WS1, I had a lot of folks asking this, so I would be sure to have a mobile demo. ( Unless you do)

some feed back, from me as well.....and I would agree with amynox.... regardless to anyone else, its a fantastic tool and recommended for any OPEN WORLD game, users like myself and Amynox use WS1 already and love it, so don't take this as a bad thing/.... just some feed back to hopefully make WS2 more clear for older users.

don't beat me up to bad lol.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  15. Teila

Teila

Congrats on the release of World Stream 2! I must ask though, are there plans for this to be integrated with Atavism as WS was integrated? I know many people want to know.

Thanks for creating such beautiful assets for all of us. :)

16. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I was wondering also if there are plans for a Mirror integration?

I'm not sure how to go about it myself, I use uMMORPG CE so I need to somehow use the floating point on the client and feed the server the regular locations.

17. ZenWayne

ZenWayne

Hi, can anyone tell me what is the difference from SECTR COMPLETE 2019? I don't know which one is more suitable for me. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  18. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Ask Marcin but like always yes:) he already play with that:)

Teila likes this.
  19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please watch and compare this 2 assets:) I quess both assets direction is different.

20. Eltharis

Eltharis

Hi, I'm interested in creating an online space prototype, where you load whole planets with settlements and interiors when you approach them (in a big galaxy). Maybe even infinite number of them, generated from data, but players would need to be able to freely get to those systems / planets by their coordinates. They should all be able to precisely stay where they are set to be. Do you see doing this using World Streamer 2? How to go about floating point fix in an online game? I've seen it resets transform position, so is it possible to make online project with this software?
    Like jessejarvis said, even some uMMORPG kind of example or space-game example would be very helpful. Just not sure this soft is suited for such needs.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  21. Recon03

Recon03

its like World Streamer...just handles it a little different, they both are great...

22. Recon03

Recon03

I posted about this above him. as well. and before, this is what I get nagged about more than anything. I even asked Photon to do it, but never got anywhere, I handle this myself, personally but I know most have no idea.... So I recommended a basic example for you guys, so people can get going. no idea if it will happen, since they may NOT be net coders them selves, my guess is no.. so I recommended Photon and them to possible work together or Unity them selves, when they get new networking... Mirror could be the pick. as well.... but if I had the time I would make such asset for this issue, but i'm retiring and leaving .. so, I hope something happen from a person/company, it was what I got the most questions asked about with Streaming solutions.. Atavism its broken as well.. sadly. World Streamer is a fantastic tool though.... but hopefully someone in the Unity community steps up.... I still can't believe no one ever has.. . I never had the time, or I would had by now..( I would never have time to support it.

mick129 likes this.
  23. mick129

mick129

Floating point origin in a multiplayer game is also the point that worries me the most (We plan to use Mirror along with DOTSNET). I hope someone will step up to fix this.

24. Eltharis

Eltharis

Yes, Mirror and Dotstnet integration fixing floating point for great/inifnite worlds would sell majorly. So I'd encourage devs to develop such solution.
    I thought maybe to keep some numerical offset that would "remember" by how much and where the world origin was moved for the particular client, but not sure how transform would work with it in an online authoritative server scenario. Especially when smoothly moving to other round planets that are really far away, where those planets themselves would need to be sliced by World Streamer, including nearby meteors and moons, other objects. Be it static and moving.

One more thing I'd love from World Streamer 2: being able to adjust our own zones to load manually. Their size and exact shape. I guess SECTR can do that, but I like lowpoly replacements in WS2 and overall approach better. In that other soft stuff just appears out of nowhere and it feels unpolished. Just I guess I'd have limited use without those features mentioned right now.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    mick129 likes this.
  25. Recon03

Recon03

I used World Streamer 1 and sold a game to an investor for mobile its fantastic./... I still recommend it.. like I said multi player really is out of scope for such a tool, but if they worked with a networking company, like Photon, mirror, this is what I have suggested. lets we need to be fair here. Even to create a basic demo. Photon, Mirror really should be the ones that are doing it...but it would be wise for them to work with Bart from World Streamer, since many net coders I met anyways don'[t understand streaming....so that is prolly why we have not seen it....based on what I have seen... but there has to be someone out there that would be able for you guys was my point..... I always been surprised by this, in Unreal its a piece of cake, since they expose Orgin shifting and support doubles, UNITY its a little harder.. for some multi player games. So, I guess we will see guys. I wish you all the best and hope someone steps up for you, I truely do, I been trying to find someone to..since I just don't have any time.. Cheers

26. etaymarkman

etaymarkman

Hi. I would like to know Wheter world streamer(1 or 2) can help me reduce loading time at the start of a large level. currently i load the whole level at once and them I turn tiles on and off depending on where the player is. rendering them only when he is nearby

27. ok-mario

ok-mario

Hi, I have a question about whether World Streamer can help me with the looping effect I'm looking for. I've got a square terrain and I want it to act like a wrap-around world, so when the player approaches an edge I want them to see the corresponding tiles on the other side of the world and then when they go off one edge of it I want them to appear on the other side of the world. From what I can gather reading the docs what World Streamer will do is render the tile from the other side of the map in front of the player as they go off it. I think this means that any objects on that tile at that moment won't appear, any enemies that are on it or any changes that have been made to the tile (for instance one of my enemies could have changed some textures on the terrain) so it won't quite be able to do everything I want?

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Scene is closed object - you cannot change it at runtime. It only hold references to objects. Not sure about terrain as its terrain data file and if you change something, change should apear everywhere as scene hold only reference to it,

29. ok-mario

ok-mario

right, but what I'm getting at is that the "looping" in World Streamer won't actually loop back to the other side of the map, what it does is keep repeating the tiles as you go in a particular direction, is that right? It won't change the actual location of the player to the tile on the other side of the map?

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you attach floating point fix? It move player from time to time (you setup amount of grids after which it restart position)

31. desertGhost_

desertGhost_

Hi,

I have World Streamer 1 and I am considering upgrading to WS2 for using the low poly mesh generator. Will the low poly mesh generator work with HDRP? Is so, will NM trees be output with HDRP? Are the low poly trees exported as individual meshes or are they combined when exported?

Thank you.

32. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

HD RP and URP is not supported yet.

33. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I cant find a Terrain Stitcher forum so though I would try asking here.

The terrain stitcher no longer works in unity 2020.1.12f1

will there be an update to get it working. Many thanks

34. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We will check. Thx for info;) Use discord or email to ping us;)

Hawk0077 likes this.
  35. tredpro

tredpro

Im having an issur when I run one direction everything unloads once it gets to a certain point and im stumped on how to fix

36. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

How would a save/load system work with this?

37. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can save load non streamed data or if you stream data with script which get info about stage after it become loaded.

38. zhangfan

zhangfan

I have purchased the WS, when I opened the "Huge_Work_Scene" and run it, it showed a error in Collider Scene object ,which showes below:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object WorldStreamer2.ColliderScene.Start () (at Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/WorldStreamer/Scritps/ColliderStreamer/ColliderScene.cs:25). The location of the error happened at this location.
    How do I fix it? thank you!
    upload_2020-12-22_20-31-16.png

39. tasadar

tasadar

just purchased this and i am testing the Game_Stream_Scene(quick start in manual).
    i made a windows build and flying through the scene but anytime a load happens you can easily feel the stutter/hiccup. is this supposed to be like this, this feels no different then loading scenes with LoadLevelAsync.

40. newlife

newlife

bump

41. jonjojo

jonjojo

Any idea when URP support will appear?

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

2 Engine bugs and they are raported, reproduced by unity. Try latest version of engine they fix one of them, second still is active. It will work a bit better. This one is still active https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...c-loading-slash-unloading-scenes-with-terrain
    We still fight with hd rp 2020.2 support, we had to build workaround to render low poly meshes at hd rp. We will release hd and urp at the same time. In fact asset work with both hd and urp but it doesnt generate LP meshes properly, thats all.

I suggest to use e-mail or discord because unity forum doesnt show new post at threads. I look on them from time to time.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  43. kloogens

kloogens

I have a scene with my _Streamer Object and the most basic FPS player.

When I edit the two fields of the _Streamer "Destroy Tile Delay" and "Scene Load Wait Frames" to any value, it doesn't matter, the two respective fields switch back to 1 when I play the level.

No exceptions are being thrown. The test level doesn't do it.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Edit : Awww GM Chrysler it's because _Streamer was a "Prefab" right click and unpacking prefab fixed it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    NatureManufacture likes this.
  44. kloogens

kloogens

I had this same issue.

This could be from things other than the streaming.

The unit dimensions of each layer and the number of objects that the layer is loading will have a huge impact on the FPS.

For example, let's say your loading the terrain and small object in two different layers, much like the tutorial on YouTube.

For me, the terrain layer loaded okay at 512 x 512.

It was the small object layer that caused me problems.
    I had tons of small objects in each 256 x 256 section. Now if you know what Unity is doing when you introduce new objects to a game scene and have say 100 or more, stuttering starts to make a lot more sense and may in fact have nothing to do with Async Streaming at all.
    Furthermore, If those Game Objects are running scripts that use "Start" or "Awake" the impact of loading objects increases. Rigid bodies and Colliders will cause additional performance hits because they must be integrated into the physics system, and so on.

So what do you do about it?

I first Disabled all game objects for a given chunk of small objects layers and save the scene. Now if that layer loads while playing the game, all of the objects will be disabled and therefore not even visible or anything.

Next, I have a script that launches when said chunk of small objects layer loads. That script runs a coroutine that enables the game objects but only a few every frame. Thus I am slowly introducing these new game objects to the game engine rather than just dumping a huge pile at once. Of course in the case of really important objects, I just choose to not disable them so they show right when the layer loads. This might not work for all cases but I do think it is a good place to start.

A feature I would really like and will probably add to WorldStreamer myself is the ability to automatically attach scripts to the objects once they get split into their respective layers. This would be really useful for integrating with other assets. Especially for the terrain layer.

drcfrx likes this.
  45. sloveUnity

sloveUnity

Do ws2 support for Mesh Terrain for Mobile?

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yes, please watch video

47. Artini

Artini

What does it mean: "Pack will support hd and urp in upcomming days"
    There is no update since Oct 28, 2020.

48. xiao-xxl

xiao-xxl

2d Demo?

49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

yes there is:)
    Not in the future but its no matter what you stream and in which direction you simply uncheck 1 axis.

50. PerunCreative_JVasica

PerunCreative_JVasica

Hi,

your asset looks really robust. However what is happening under the hood when streaming from disk? Are you using some proprietary streaming system that is injected in to the unity pipeline or is your streaming based on the native async scene loading? We have open-world game with multiple scenes and proprietary HLOD system, however in order to optimize the memory footprint we need to split the scenes in to even smaller parts/scene that will be streamed when needed. Native async streaming has quite overhead and ECS subscene system is not stable enough at the moment.