Search Unity

Bug World Space Canvas UI Button Issue - Flickering and Clickability Problem

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by devAdventureWing, Feb 26, 2024.

1. devAdventureWing

devAdventureWing

I'm currently facing a issue with a UI button on a world space canvas in Unity, and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it.

I have a UI button placed on a world space canvas, and it seems to exhibit two main issues:

1. Flickering: The UI button flickers on and off inconsistently, making it challenging to interact with.

2. Clickability: Under normal circumstances, the button is unresponsive to clicks. However, I've discovered that when the Time.timeScale is set to 0, there is a small window where the button becomes clickable.
    I have attempted to address the issue by adjusting various settings and researching potential solutions online, but none have proven successful so far.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, suggestions, or solutions from the Unity community regarding this UI button issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has ideas on how to troubleshoot and resolve this, please share your expertise.

2. xucian

xucian

as a last resort (I did this shamelessly often in a medium-sized game). move the element 0.0001 or so on the Z axis

wouldn't be related to the first?
    if you create a new button, is it clickable? if not, then you need a GraphicRaycaster on your canvas (it usually is there by default); if yes, see what's different in that button