Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

World Space Canvas LWRP + Postprocessing Effects

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by RaventurnPatrick, Sep 23, 2019.

1. RaventurnPatrick

RaventurnPatrick

Hi, So I tried upgrading to LWRP (Unity 2019.2) but I ran into a major blocker preventing us from upgrading:
    We are using 3D UI elements rendered with a world space cavas and some additional UI elements in 3D (but without canvas).
    For the normal camera we are using color grading, however the UI should not be color graded (as this looks super wrong) also all other post-processing effects (especially bloom) should not be on 2D&3D UI. Now so far we used 2 cameras with stacking. I understand that this feature is gone in LWRP, but I just did not find out how to replace this feature in any meaningful way? We would love the benefits of faster rendering on mobile, but we need color-grading + bloom for the base image

Another (maybe minor) thing? After upgrading to lwrp the grass does not render on an existing terrain, creating a new terrain however and the grass works again (yes we changed the shader to terrainlit)

mkracik and RaventurnStefan like this.