Search Unity

World Render Bounds always 0

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by HeyZoos, Jun 10, 2021.

1. HeyZoos

HeyZoos

When just instantiating a premade Capsule object via `3D Object > Capsule` and adding a `Convert To Entity` component the mesh fails to render, with the World Render Bounds being 0'd out. When doing this in a completely fresh project, the World Render Bounds are not 0'd out and it does render.

Is it a setting? Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

upload_2021-6-10_0-4-20.png

upload_2021-6-10_0-5-18.png

Attached Files:

2. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

RenderBounds seems to be correct, but WorldRenderBounds is not. WorldRenderBounds is supposed to be updated by RenderBoundsUpdateSystem, so possibly there is something in the other projects which interferes with that system.

3. HeyZoos

HeyZoos

Ah that's likely it, a package I installed - DOTSNET creates a server world and a client world and possibly moved the `RenderBoundsUpdateSystem` into the client world. I'll confirm soon. Thank you!

On a side note, is it possible to search for systems by which component they query?

4. HeyZoos

HeyZoos

It was definitely that, and to query by component you do `c:ComponentName` in the search bar. Thanks for your help, I was banging my head against the wall for a couple days on that issue!

5. cj-currie

cj-currie

Sorry to necropost, but can you elaborate on how you solved this issue? I'm also using Unity Netcode and my world render bounds are all zeroed out. Furthermore I don't see any UpdateRenderBounds system in the system inspector - it's there until I push play, at which point all the systems in PresentationSystemGroup disappear :S

6. cj-currie

cj-currie

Woops - looks like My renderbounds were messed up because I'd accidentally parented the objects to a new LocalTransform() with a scale of 0, and the PresentationSystemGroup was missing because I needed to select the ClientWorld in the Systems Inspector :facepalm: