Search Unity

World of Warcraft-like RPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by mikolaj1991, Jun 10, 2014.

1. mikolaj1991

mikolaj1991

Hey everybody,
    As a way of learning game creation, I have decided to make a game similar to WoW, only without the online component. I expect to implement things like:

- Quest system
    - Combat system
    - Inventory system
    - Levels
    - Equipable items
    - Cinematics
    - Own models
    - Story
    - Music

Currently I am working on the quest system.

I am thinking about the story and the name, so if you guys have any cool ideas or suggestions, please feel free. Also when it comes to background music and different sounds, I would appreciate some suggestions for websites that offer that. The game will be available for download as this is a learning experience.

UPDATE 1:

Quest System: Talking to an NPC as an objective for a quest, has been added.
    UPDATE 2:

Camera/Player Control System: implementing a camera and player control system with following features: right click to rotate, left click select target, right click to interact/fight with target, mousescroll to zoom, occlusion/collision detection.​

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. laurelhach

laurelhach

3. mikolaj1991

mikolaj1991

4. wmgcata

wmgcata

Any pictures of the updates? I think this is interesting.

5. HolBol

HolBol

Screenshots please.

6. mikolaj1991

mikolaj1991

hey guys, there is nothing actually interesting looks-wise, I just have 3 cubes (placeholder NPCs). As soon as I get into creating a town, I will upload screenshots.

7. melidian

melidian

I'm fine with the idea of making a game similar to WoW but please make it like Vanilla or Burning Crusade... after that it became all menus like dungeon finder, battleground finder, raid finder, etc... I want to kill myself in that game because all I have to do is quest to max level then it becomes all menus.

8. HolBol

HolBol

Read the forum rules before you post.

9. Goregaming

Goregaming

Oh wow, these graphics are absolutely amazing.​