Search Unity

World Of Warcraft - (Chogall) Recreated in Maya

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Midnight Studios, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnight Studios

Midnight Studios

2. JamesPro

JamesPro

I thought you couldn't do characters? He is looking pretty cool!

3. MellowNinja

MellowNinja

Okay, i'm not saying you didn't create it but
    thats a little hint also either you're the best texturer ever but thats exactly the same as Cho'gall also his mesh is the same. If you did make this then great

4. Steffan-Poulsen

Steffan-Poulsen

It looks great. but why would you spend 90+ hours creating something which basically is a carbon copy of somebody else's work? I get that it's probably just modeling/texturing practice, but why not practice using your creativity as well? - not bashing, merely suggesting.

5. Avanger

Avanger

this is only an export for wow using an wow machima studio

6. Khyrid

Khyrid

using an wow machina
    using an wow
    an wow

a wow

"wow" does not begin with a vowel sound, so the article "a" is without the "n".

Anyway... practicing with a professional model can be a good way to learn, but he should make his own stuff also. Then one day he can make his own characters, maybe even an hero.

7. varedis

varedis

Make sure you save that 90+ hours of work it would be a shame for Maya to crash and lose your unsaved project.

Purely for it looking exactly the same as the real model I believe it was ripped:

8. Khyrid

Khyrid

He said he spent 90 hours creating the skeleton, I think he was practicing rigging. Perhaps he should have been more clear that he didn't make the model or texture.

9. Alismuffin

Alismuffin

Why are the joints so huge?

10. Midnight Studios

Midnight Studios

I'm sorry I did not create the texture and the base model I should have been more specific... I created his muscle groups, rigging, and made him low poly.

11. Midnight Studios

Midnight Studios

They are big because I am not good with actually modeling characters so that is what I came up with I know he is probably not rigged like the real wow model.

12. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Please don't make posts like this again. These forums are not a club where you attempt to gain some sort of fake popularity. Instead do something productive.

13. lukasaurus

lukasaurus

It is certainly a little alarming that he spent 90 hours on it and has not saved it once (hence the untitled followed by the * indicating unsaved changes). Not sure why he feels the need to exaggerate his time...

14. Midnight Studios

Midnight Studios

It is saved... I re-opened it on a new scene so I can modify without damaging the original ... I can see this post is just a Flame Fest now I will not be posting any more models or attempts at modeling for this forums

15. Amon

Amon

Good! imho you deliberately tried to mislead. I'm going to go all out also and say I do not believe you own Maya. Why? Because of your bull****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.