Search Unity

World of Warcraft Camera and Character Controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fholm, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Arcanor

Arcanor

Okay, this is really a problem with the RPG Controller somewhere. The above red herring was caused by an error I introduced in trying to troubleshoot the problem, but after removing my error I'm still definitely having a major problem related to static batching and RPGMesh.

Here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate the problem. The first one shows the collision area (in red) when my character collides with a building that has a mesh collider and RPGMesh attached. Note how the underlying building geometry (in blue) matches up perfectly with the nearest triangles (in red).

$rpgmesh non-static.png

The next screenshot is taken after doing nothing but changing the Static Batching flag on the building, and restarting the editor player. Note that the "nearest triangles" (in red) are no longer matching up with the underlying geometry (in blue). This is a major problem!

$rpgmesh static error 2.png

This problem is difficult to isolate. Apparently the collision triggers only occasionally when the model geometry accidentally lines up with the underlying geometry. But there's definitely something wrong with RPGMesh, RPGTriangleTree or RPGCollisions when static batching is on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014