Search Unity

World Creator - Terrain and Landscape Generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by worldcreator3d, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

@JohnnyFactor There is no need to be rude, but the unity forum definitly is not up to task for package support. Discord really IS a better support model. As for everything being recorded and preserved who cares, welcome to the internet. Unity does the same exact thing. Photoshop, you wanna talk about invasive applications? Sony, Adobe, Xbox, Iphone, Android, Steam, Origin, Unreal\Epic. So given that:
    "Discord who records everything about you, your pc, and your network. It's the gas station washroom of the internet"
    Completely irrelevant and extremely rude. Please calm yourself and have an open mind. Its a good group. Worth at least giving it a try. If you dont want to participate, so be it. That's you're choice. A poor one...but it is yours

wetcircuit and worldcreator3d like this.
  2. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I made my opinion clear and I stand by it. You don't have to like it.

3. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I didn't like Discord at first, but the World Creator areas are excellent!
    I have learned so much by reading the discussions of other artists who are very experienced with WC.
    Everyone does not do very well there, as far as the Devs, but for World Creator, it is the place to get answers.

Unity forums are nice, but searching for answers is not as well done as Discord.
    But it is easier to follow the threads in Unity Forums. Something I hope Discord fixes in the future.

I am glad I gave it a try. Which I did after purchasing the stand alone version if WC2, which is an amazing product that keeps getting better. I had WC1 for years, but WC2 is a huge step forward and I am looking forward to WC3!

Paul-Swanson and wetcircuit like this.
  4. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

We just completed final editing to our latest video, "Apollo's Dream", and it will be coming soon to our YouTube channel.

5. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

New Video coming tomorrow. "Apollo's Dream II" Using tons of assets, as usual. The music is always an original composition.

Hope everyone enjoys it, the scene and music has been in the works for a long time. We are glad we are finally coming to a final product.

Keep an eye on our YouTube for the new video.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/silverthorndavid/videos
    View attachment 829055

6. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Apollo's Dream II is now live!
    A ton of work went into this one, I hope everyone will enjoy it.
    Creating beauty with Unity for a Virtual Experience with an original soundtrack is a lot of fun and I hope it shows in the video.

Canyons created in WC2 standalone and imported to Unity for this old west experience.

7. Nirvan

Nirvan

In the newest unity versions (2021 and 2020 tested, on 2019 it works right) when you enable texturing and add some texture, World Creator is generating flat terrain.
    Some fix please?

Also, is it only me when I load preset, texture slope parameter range instead of 0-90 goes 0-1, to fix I must remove texture add it again and setup all parameters again.

It's great tool but there are this small issues, there was also something wrong with trees spawner but for that I switched to vegetation studio. If the preset system would work fully correct it would be great again, much better for me than gaia.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Astirian likes this.
  8. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This is a Teaser for an upcoming project continuing the Apollo's Dream series.

The video was made with Unity 2019 using this asset.

9. Nirvan

Nirvan

Bumping my request for fixing bug with the terrain slope slider going 0-1 instead of 0-90 in texturing, after saving preset and loading it again from the xml file.
    I'm tired of setting up everything from scratch each time, modifying terrain xml files with "TerrainSlope" parameter is not helping :< I noticed the value goes "0:0:1:1" every time.

10. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This landscape was made using the external WC2 and imported into Unity.

Third in the Apollo’s Dream series, we make these for all people to find some peace and beauty in this world of chaos. We hope you enjoy it.

11. creat327

creat327

watch out for this package. They moved all support and purchases outside of Unity. I bought it yesterday and it is now a subscription-based product. I downloaded their product and it was NOTHING like the ones they have video tutorial and marketing from. They updated the whole UI and there is no marketing material or documentation explaining it. Almost impossible to use it.

I joined their discord and asked for help. It is full of complaints that nobody knows how to use the new UI. So I asked to cancel my subscription and a refund after only a few hours of purchase. Their answer? They kicked me and blocked me from their discord channel and told me since I already downloaded the software I cannot get a refund. A software that works on subscription and you need to login every time. So they can cancel your account and block you, you won't be able to get help or use the software. And you won't get a refund either.

Amazing support. Big warning for anyone trying it out. There is a reason why they stopped support in the unity forum to silence people.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    wetcircuit likes this.