Search Unity

World Creator - Terrain and Landscape Generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by worldcreator3d, Feb 29, 2016.

1. TechDeveloper

TechDeveloper

"the input terrain feature is limited to one input terrain only, also for tiles. The upcoming standalone version will aloow multiple input terrains and we will update the Unity version with that new feature soon."

But why would you need to get this working in your standalone version first before getting it into unity? your standalone doesn't have unity's terrain system built in?

if I have to wait for you to release your standalone version and then wait for you to fix the unity version then I will be waiting for a long time (est 6+ months). I wont have any use for this plugin unless I only use 1 terrain.

I'm pretty sure you could fix this versions input system without needing to release standalone.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Yes. We have created our own terrain system for the standalone version during the last three months. it was hard work but it is by far more powerful and more efficient. Unity terrain has manny drawbacks - it is OK for smaller terrains but you get problems if you go for larger areas. We also had to rethink of the input terrain feature. It is great to enhance existing terrains and works great if it is applied over all tiles for larger terrains but we wanted to be able to apply multiple input terrains instead of one input terrain. Software always evolves and it was a good point to test out the new input terrain feature implementation in the standalone instead of maybe breaking it in the Unity version.
    But it will be adapted once finished.

I think it is not fair to say it is useless because you wanted to apply multiple input terrains. We never claimed on our website, nor in the Unity description nor in our tutorial videos that it is possible to apply multiple input terrains on a single terrain.

Anyways, there is a workaround that might help you. If you are going to use tiles to create a large terrain, you may also mix all your input terrains in a single texture using photoshop and then apply that single texture to the whole terrain as-is. Actually this might not be very comfortable but it solves your issue.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. TechDeveloper

TechDeveloper

ok it looks like you didn't understand my previous post. that's why I made it clear:

"Nothing happens to the second tile when i assign another terrain input.

WC Terrain Tile 1 = input Unity terrain 1
    WC Terrain Tile 2 = input Unity terrrain 2 ... nothing happens when i click generate.

"

So it's clear that I wanted to have ONE unity terrain input into ONE WC TERRAIN TILE
    and then the SECOND unity terrain input into a SECOND WC TERRAIN TILE.

NOT multi inputs into one WC terrain...

The problem here is roads.. if anyone wanted to use your system (multi-tile) and wanted to have roads that crossed from one tile to another then the unity terrain input method would work best as opposed to painting the texture mask or using your road feature. (your road feature doesnt cross over terrain tiles)

So my workflow would be.

6x6 Unity input terrains
    input 1, input 2, input 3 and so on..

6x6 WC tiles
    tile 1, tile 2, tile 3..

I would then apply terrain former plugin to the input terrains and draw my roads across all the terrains.
    I would then select each WC tile and set the input for each one.

So I would do as follows in more detail so you understand this is NOT about having multiple inputs into one tile.

select WC tile 1 and set the input to input 1.
    select WC tile 2 and set the input to input 2.
    select WC tile 3 and set the input to input 3.
    select WC tile 4 and set the input to input 4.

and so on... you see this is not much to ask is it? are you really telling me you couldn't fix this?
    are you really telling me that only one tile out of all my tiles can have a terrain input?

4. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

When tiling is enabled, you must apply the same input terrain to all tiles. So actually if you have 6x6 terrain tiles created with World Creator you must apply the same input terrain tile to all tiles in order to make it working properly. It is not supported that you add different input terrain tiles to those tiles.

So for your whole terrain (tiled or non-tiled) you only can apply the same input terrain. That is why I also said, you could as a workaround create one single large texture containing all your original input terrain tiles (elevation data) that you then apply to all of your tiles. That would solve it until we have updated the Unity version of World Creator.

We can fix anything - that is not the point. But this is a feature improvement and as I said we are going to first implement and test it in the standalone version which should be done this year and then we are going to update the Unity version.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. TechDeveloper

TechDeveloper

"So for your whole terrain (tiled or non-tiled) you only can apply the same input terrain. That is why I also said, you could as a workaround create one single large texture containing all your original input terrain tiles (elevation data) that you then apply to all of your tiles. That would solve it until we have updated the Unity version of World Creator."

actually no you haven't created a workaround.
    Only one tile is affected by an input. if you plugin the same input into another tile(s) nothing happens.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  6. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Actually if you put the same input terrain into the other tiles then they are affected also but you must setup the proper settings for it.

The Input Terrain settings need to be setup correctly:

Say you have 2x2 tiles and want to apply an input terrain that spans over all tiles. Here is what you would have to do:

- Drag'n Drop the Input Terrain into the Input Terrain field of the very first tile
    - Set the Area Start Min and Max values as follows:
    MinX: 0
    MaxX: 2
    MinZ: 0
    MaxZ: 2
    - Hit generate for the first tile. Now click on another tile and put the same values OR click on COPY INPUT TERRAIN and select the very first tile you have set it up already. Repeat for all and generate all tiles.

I have attached a screenshot showing how it looks like:

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

If you change the Input Terrain settings values you can achieve different visuals for your terrain. I suggest to play around with them in realtime mode to see what happens. The most important things is to keep the Min and Max values equal. You could also stretch the input terrain if you change the min and max values but even then make sure to keep them equal accross all tiles.

TechDeveloper likes this.
  8. TechDeveloper

TechDeveloper

Ok thats great, it works and it's a better workflow so big thanks .

by the way the real time is not working properly. when i click real time the tile disappears.

9. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

I see :) ... please write a mail to support@bitethebytes.com and send them your invoice PDF you have received from Unity after your purchase. They will create a FTP account for you where you can download the latest Patch - I remember that we have fixed that issue so no worries about it ;)

Glad you made it working properly

Kind regards,
    Stefan

10. protopop

protopop

I'm sure this isnt possible, but i'm only asking in case there happens to be a way to run World Creator Pro in unity 5.2, even unofficially?

Mobile performance in Unity 5.3 and up is currently very poor. My game BrightRidge is currently in the top 100 RPGs and id like to upgrade the terrain, but right now im stuck on unity 5.2

So far ive been building terain in unity 5.3 and then exporting and importing it into my 5.2 project using heightmaps.

I was thinking maybe its just a case of trying to use it anyways? or is unity 5.3 too different from Unity 5.2?

11. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Actually it would make a lot of sense to release also for Unity 5.2 - we have tried but got a few errors due some API differences between 5.2 and 5.3. To be honest, we did not wanted to risk to break our plugin but I do understand your problem.

Here is the deal: I will check if I can fix the API differences and see if compatibility with 5.3 and 5.4 is not broken. If that works, I will let you know and update World Creator on our FTP.

Please write a mail to support@bitethebytes.com so we have it in our Support Ticket System included - just copy / paste your message.

I will check it at weekend and see if I can get it running :) - hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

protopop likes this.
  12. protopop

protopop

Wow that is much more than I expected:) Thank you. ill send the email now.

Please take your time. there is no rush. As a developer myself i know the stress and heart attacks that can come with this kind of request, so please only if you think it is possible and not to difficult. Honestly i am in love with World Creator so far, and if I have to wait for Unity performance increase I will. If you find it too consuming, better you spend your main energy updating what already works great in 5.3+

I am just preparing because a few years ago i had a similar issue with a Unity Regression in 4.2 and was unable to update until they fixed it in 4.6 which was stressful. This way if it is possible (even with limited support) i can feel comfortable staying longer in Unity 5.2, which for now has the best Mobile performance. And the main reason currently i'd like to update is to get World Creator in my work pipeline.

Thanks Again:)

Rob

13. Ascensi

Ascensi

@nanthrox I don't know if your stand alone Terrain system can do this but perhaps if it doesn't and you like what you see could you add LAM compatibility?

14. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Actually we have asked them a few month ago and we shared voucher codes. Since then I have contacted them twice but no reactions. Seems like they are not interested :p - but that is no problem ;)

Ascensi likes this.
  15. Ascensi

Ascensi

Well I'll press them because I think it would make a pretty awesome match!

worldcreator3d likes this.
  16. Ascensi

Ascensi

@nanthrox I would love to see the trees and object populate over the terrain by normal.. I'm told this is the method to get trees that aren't perfectly vertical.. they should be allowed to be on angles as forests are. Maybe this is currently impossible to to integration with the Unity terrain?

17. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Yes, Unity Terrain is limited for that reasons. However, you can drag'n drop your trees into the Meshes tab of World Creator. There you can check the Align To Terrain Slope which would mean that the trees could be aligned to the terrain.

Ascensi likes this.
  18. Ascensi

Ascensi

Just tried this.. I thought it's meant just to align to terrain surface? I'm talking about aligning to the direction faces are aiming. Anyway I tried align to terrain that didn't work then tried clearing the meshes but they didn't clear and now when I go onto the meshes tab it's all blank. :( not sure how to fix that.. concerned about loosing current unbacked up data. Update: I was able to clear the meshes but the meshes tab still remains blank.

Error message:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WorldCreatorEngine.UI.UIObjects. ()
    WorldCreatorEngine.UI.UIObjects.Draw ()
    WorldCreatorEngine.Editor.WindowMain.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Not sure what's going on here.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  19. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Seems like you have not applied the latest patch ;) ... please send your invoice number to support@bitethebytes.com to get access to our FTP where you can download the latest patch that fixes this issue.

No worries, we will get this running for you :)

Kind regards,
    Stefan

20. Ascensi

Ascensi

Thanks Stefan seems to have fixed everything! Is there a way to limit how much trees will lean/tip over? I have it seems half of the forest laying horizontal some completely sideways. Also I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I think if tree size should allowed to be adjusted "large" at lower altitudes and gradually decrease in size in the higher areas.

21. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Oh my, sorry again for late answer. I suggest you move to our forum at www.world-creator.com/forum so we have everything in one place. Then you get answers almost instantly.

The tress size depending on altitude sounds like a really great and cool idea :) - I will put that on out list, thx a lot for that!

Currently there is no such option regarding lean/trip over - will take that also to the team :)

OK, see you in our forum ;

Kind regards,
    Stefan

22. Olander

Olander

World Creator Pro
    Unity v5.5.1f1

I am using this to set up a scene terrain randomization tool for a project I am helping someone with. So far I have it working very well. Since forum posts should not be always negative :) World Creator is turning out very well for churning out very large arrays of randomized terrains. I have been setting it up for 4k sizes and the speed is very solid.

Found three bugs in this. Two very much need to be fixed. I will copy this in an email for support (not going to join a separate forum just for this sorry).

Issue:
    Issue is in regard to getting the shorelines/texturing to move Up/Down on the Terrain Depending upon where the Mean Sea Level (Water Plane) is being set on the terrain.

Bug 1:
    When changing the Sea Level....in this case Aquas up and down the Texturing will not update unless the Terrain and Texturing tick boxes are checked. Simply having the Texture Box ticked and pressing Generate will not update the texture properly. Also the Generate button must be clicked twice for both the Terrain and Texturing to update properly.

Also tied to this...the regeneration for mean sea level seems to be only working from the General Tab in World Creator.

In fact in this case the terrain should not have to be regenerated at all. It is complete and perfectly fine. The Water Plane should simply go up and down and the texturing generated to follow suit with the Water Plane.
    *Note: There is nothing wrong with the slope settings either. Checked and verified working properly. This is directly in regard to being adjusted to the new Mean Sea Level.

Bug 2:
    Above_Locked: Coastal Offset is working in Reverse. Meaning the texture is going towards Under the Water and not Above the Water. The Above option will not work either since it is not referencing the Mean Sea Level at all and has no Coastal Offset option available. Simply inverting the Above_Locked Coastal Offset to work like Below_Locked would correct this issue.
    *See attached pics

Bug 3:
    Not a large issue but having the terrain selected when selecting the World Creator Window (I have mine docked) does not recognize the Terrain. You have to manually select something (or deselect everything) then re-select the terrain for the World Creator to figure out it is in the scene and editable.

This is kind of annoying in an expensive tool like this one. Should be fixed.

Cheers
    O

World Creator Above_Locked Issue B.png World Creator Above_Locked Issue A.png

23. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Thank you ... we will check this :)

Please send all bug reports and support requests to support@bitethebytes.com

Kind regards,
    Stefan

24. henmachuca

henmachuca

Hello,
    In the input terrain feature, instead of blending my texture with the terrain generated by world creator, can I have to be EXACTLY like my image?

Because I have created a height map of a game map I want to replicate in my Project, really simple... just black and White.... And I would like to be exact as it is.

Can I do that??

And afterwards, can I add more image inputs to the terrain I created?

Thank you!

25. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Hi :) - you actually had luck that I check the Unity forums from time to time as World Creator has its own dedicated forum at: www.world-creator.com/forum

Would be great if you join us there so we have everything in one place :)

Regarding your question:

Yes, sure - add it as an Input Terrain and select a high Sample Step - the higher that value the more it takes from the original heightmap.

Additional Image Inputs are not yet supported but in a new update which is not far away it will be supported :) - we are currently developing the standalone version of World Creator which is in BETA right now. It is already available for purchase and fully functional - we are just adding more and more features. The standalone is very powerful and has endless design capabilities that might be interesting to you as well. It allows you also to export the heightmap and import it into Unity. Maybe you take a look at it:

There are currently three videos of the BETA showing some interesting things:

If you own the Standard version of the Unity Plugin you get 15% discount. If you own the Professional version you get 30% discount. Just write to support@bitethebytes.com :)

The really good news to Unity users is: Once the Standalone is finished, it will be directly ported to Unity as well and it will be a free update :)

26. protopop

protopop

A partial solution is to click the small lock in the top right of the panel, or right click it and make sure Lock is checked. This will stick the panel, but it will unstick if you do certain things. Not perfect but might help while you're experimenting:)

27. Sevarion

Sevarion

Just a heads up to anyone considering purchasing this; If you run into any problems, you may have to contend with the following:

I can't tell which is better, their customer service, or their poker skills. :p

The EULA is displayed when you first run the program. I wasn't aware that it was on their website prior to purchasing it. Following their response to my email, I let them know that I'd also "forward the email" to my social networking accounts and gamedev forums; hoping it will lose them more money than a simple refund, and to spare anyone else from being subject to the same treatment.

What a horrible outcome. No win/win, no compromise... just lose/lose.
    Such principles only make the world a worse place for everyone.
    Perhaps they should consider that slogan instead?

28. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

You have forgot one answer from me (at least it should be the full conversation) - I wrote THIS before I sent the post with the lawyer:

---
    Hello,

may I ask why those paragraphs are an issue? What are you planning to do with World Creator? What is exactly wrong about it?

Please explain as exactly as only possible.

Kind regards,
    Stefan

We Create Worlds
    ---

And my name is Stefan Kraus - but I understand that YOU are hiding your name fully (while showing my initials - shows a lot about your character)

You asked for a refund because you do not agree with our EULA (which was also listed on our website).

The more interesting thing is to what paragraphs you do not agree. Just to name a few of them:

You shall use World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT in compliance with all applicable laws and not for any unlawful purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, use, display or distribution of World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT together with material that is pornographic, racist, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libelous, abusive, promoting hatred, discriminating or displaying prejudice based on religion, ethnic heritage, race, sexual orientation or age is strictly prohibited.

You do not agree to this? I guess you own other software as well ... still using it or did you ask for a refund as well?

Also:

Each licensed copy of World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT may be used on one single computer location by one user. Use of World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT means that you have loaded, installed, or run World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT on a computer or similar device. If you install World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT onto a multi-user platform, server or network, each and every individual user of World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT must be licensed separately.

... wow ... so you do not agree to our license as well? Actually it is said clearly on our website (without viewing the EULA) that it is a single user license ... interesting ...

Another one:

This Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. You shall not, and shall not attempt to, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT. Nor can you create any derivative works or other works that are based upon or derived from World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT in whole or in part.

BiteTheBytes UG (haftungsbeschränkt)'s name, logo and graphics file that represents World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT shall not be used in any way to promote products developed with World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT . BiteTheBytes UG (haftungsbeschränkt) retains sole and exclusive ownership of all right, title and interest in and to World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT and all Intellectual Property rights relating thereto.

Copyright law and international copyright treaty provisions protect all parts of World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT, products and services. No program, code, part, image, audio sample, or text may be copied or used in any way by the user except as intended within the bounds of the single user program. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved for BiteTheBytes UG (haftungsbeschränkt).

Again: You do use other software, right? I guess, you also have an operating system installed on your computer? Well, time to uninstall everything because there is no software out there without such a paragraph.

There are a few more like that you do not agree with. Interesting - so my point of understanding is that you want a refund because you do not accept, that we, the creators of World Creator, are protecting our software.

Your IP Address was tracked and thank you for posting the whole email conversation to this forum so people can follow you illegal thoughts and mentality.

We also will answer any post you make as long as we get notice of it with a direct screenshot to this post here and EVERYBODY is welcome to contact our support for further questions.

Respectfully,
    Stefan AND the ENTIRE BiteTheBytes Team

(We have taken a screenshot of your post on this forums and forwarded to our lawyer and also reported to Unity)

EDIT:

The version the user complains about it the Standalone version and not the Unity version - interesting that he complains in the Unity forums.

29. Sevarion

Sevarion

Alright... Go-go-gadget-text-wall!
    That part contributes nothing? No point bloating the thread. For the record, I was sleeping, and then woke up to a bitter email with legal threats. Quite sad, really.
    My name isn't relevant; yours isn't either really. However, I figure some astute individuals may appreciate learning the true nature of those they're potentially dealing with; outright slander isn't my style. Though if you're being open about it, awesome. No problems.
    Which, as mentioned, I failed to spot beforehand. Eagerness to try shiny new software and tending to pregnant and cancer-stricken family members tends to distract one from boring legal jargon and oddly formatted websites. Apologies for not being perfect.

Regardless, is capitalizing on other's mistakes a good business model? Maybe? I'm honestly not sure...
    No, that's not really interesting, in fact it's pretty boring lol. Also, I already pointed them out, why reiterate?

I interpret a lot of that as being very open-ended and subjective, particularly "vulgar". Like wtf? There's plenty of games that include vulgar content...

So, why would I risk using this software? (answer: I wouldn't! :p and a bloody good thing too, given this defensive behaviour and predisposition to involve lawyers in everything -- I know I've dodged a potential bullet).

This is fine, I could agree to it, and mentioned it mainly to add weight... but again, there's a risk of accidental breach of these terms given my work situation, which I'm assuming would result in a potential license suspension. I'm sure you guys would be eager too, more money to cling to.

This one I simply do not like the wording. I think the software uses speedtree assets, and not sure if it includes sound, so again, why would I risk it, especially when I'm not aware of how the syncing feature works upfront? I could ask for a more elaborate explanation, but it's what's physically written on the agreement that is admissible in legal situations.

In any case, it shouldn't matter. If I disagree to anything for any reason, the respectful thing to do would be to suspend the license and process the refund (more vague wording regarding that is mentioned in the EULA). End result, the client wouldn't be left feeling like some worthless number who was just hung out to dry, and the business/software wouldn't receive negative feedback.

In this instance, I largely wanted to use the software in video tutorials for all my subscribers - boosting exposure for both parties. Do you think those videos will paint the software in a positive light now, following this whole ordeal? Not a chance... and here I am, "warning" (not complaining to) people, and trying to ensure that you lose more money than a polite email and simple refund would've costed you, as I dislike businesses that behave in this manner and walk all over people. As I said, this makes the world less pleasant for everyone.

Isn't that the data collection one? Go figure that one got left out lmao.

Hahaha, your IP comments crack me up. XD
    Why don't you just send hired ninjas to my address? I did supply it during checkout... They could wave angry signs, and do other perfectly legal things to piss me off.

Anyway, I trust the forumgoers to formulate their own sensible opinions. I'm sure most of them can see through any manipulative, twisted wording.

Congratulations on wasting both of their time? Unless providing honest feedback to a cool community is a violation of which I'm unaware?

It's not the version I'm having issues with (surely that's obvious?), it's the toxic customer service/business model. That's why I'm bringing it to people's attention.

I wouldn't bother replying, especially if it's just going to be more senseless conjecture. I don't intend to start a flamewar, derail the thread, or contribute to senseless negativity. I posted, people are aware, and maybe some will consider what transpired here when deciding what software to commit to in the future. That's it from me.

Take care everyone

Edit: link to UE4 thread - https://forums.unrealengine.com/com...rator-for-unreal-engine?p=1368797#post1368797

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  30. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

We already answered this so anything else I can do is to ask anybody to contact our support, ask people on our forums and talk to our community on discord if you are unsure about us or our product.

-
    BiteTheBytes

protopop likes this.
  31. Jaimi

Jaimi

For what it's worth, I love the Unity version of World Creator - it produces absolutely amazing results.

32. Maximilious

Maximilious

where can I find the textures used for the island tutorial? I purchased the standard version and I cannot find the textures

33. gecko

gecko

Has anyone got World Creator's GPU Generation enabled on Mac's with Unity 2017.x? It works on 5.6.3 (with Metal Editor enabled), but on 2017, WC says it's not supported on this platform. Really weird, why would GPU Generation be removed when Unity's Metal Editor is improving with each new version?

34. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

So considering getting this - but have a couple questions which I think the community might also benefit from being answered.

I think you explained yourself much better in the Unreal forum - thanks for clarifying your actions.
    However - I have the same reservations as Sevarion on a couple parts in the EULA.

"display or distribution of World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT together with material that is vulgar, obscene, abusive, promoting hatred, discriminating or displaying prejudice is strictly prohibited"

Who determines if the content I create is vulgar or obscene?

If I want to create a game that shows discrimination or prejudice - that is part of the story narrative - what happens then? This (edited) part of the EULA is NOT consumer friendly for developers and puts the asset creator in a position of opinionated power.

"Nor can you create any derivative works or other works that are based upon or derived from World Creator 2.0 - CURRENT in whole or in part."
    If a developer purchased World Creator and wanted to modify/improve a feature of the asset - for there own purposes/benefit of use, does this part of the EULA limit them from performing that improvement?

Again - you updated the Unreal forum with a better explanation than here. I appreciate the follow up in that thread.
    You mentioned - you are open to edit the EULA for customers. Are you willing to edit these sections noted above for customers who are wary of the vagueness in who is the authority of what is considered vulgar or obscene?
    I'm not a programmer that can even attempt to modify an asset to improve it for my own use, but there are a high number of developers here who are able. So I pose the same question for that section of the EULA, are you willing to modify that section as well?

35. Pheck

Pheck

I bought WorldCreator Standard last week and am seeing a shader compile error:
    "Shader error in 'TerrainTesselated': undeclared identifier 'GetHeight' at line 64 (on d3d11)"
    in Unity 2018.1.0.f2 in a clean project with a clean download from the store.

Additionally i have some suggestions/questions and found some bugs:
    1 - allowing multiple masks in the "objects" tab would be useful. for example a Dynamic mask and a road mask would help. currently i am working around it by using a texture, but its not ideal.
    2 - adding Unity undo support would be useful. I was switching between masks, changed something then tried to undo and it just deselected my terrain as that was the last registered action with unity. :(
    3 - bug : if you setup a terrain with WorldCreator, then decide you want to duplicate that terrain without using the worldcreator new button, but instead by using "ctrl-d" in the hierarchy, it throws WorldCreator into a death spiral of nullrefs which can only be fixed by closing and reopening the Unity editor. :(
    4 - I see that a user can delete a terrain from the WorldCreator menu which will try to cleanup on disc files, but since there are so many other ways to delete in unity, could WorldCreator get a call back on those to cleanup disc files? (not sure if that is possible in unity) if not, how about a way to better know what is/isnt in use. If not that, how about a way to name the data files? that would allow me to organize the many terrain files i need to create with the many different levels i need to create. I plan to use a very high number of terrains across many levels, currently i dont see a way to manage those files to know when a team member has deleted a version but did it from unity instead of world creator. I already have 7 files on disc from just testing what world creator can do and i have no idea which one is important. The number (guid thingy) exposed in the interface helps, but really doesnt help that much. If thats not possible, at least moving the Terrains folder outside of WorldCreate would help as it would allow my team to not think they keep modifying a plugin when they check files in, when in fact they modified project data. ;)
    5 - deleting a terrain from a level, then hitting undo in unity will cause the terrain data to disassociate with the WorldCreator info. hitting Generate in WorldCreator seems to restore the proper link to data, but it seems likely a error prone space that i wanted to make sure you knew about. possibly you do because you have a Delete button... but again... seems like an easy mistake for people to make.

36. Jaimi

Jaimi

The people who buy the Unity version from the Unity Asset Store are only bound by the Asset Store EULA, not by the EULA of the stand alone application that is sold on their website. None of that stuff applies to the community here.

wetcircuit likes this.
  37. DG43

DG43

38. VP_no1

VP_no1

If anyone worked with the Standalone Version please tell me this:

- where is the folder with the objects located ? ( I do not understand it from the SYNC presentation)
    - is it a way that I can export each element from the Scene created in Standalone so that it can be used in Unity ? If not, what is the way to export and use in Unity the whole scene ?
    - having the terrain imported in multiple tiles in Unity, allows adding effects from Enviro asset for example ? will it work ?

39. Lewnatic

Lewnatic

I really this tool. But how does it handle floating points precisious if used with lets say a 40km^2 world. What are good ways to prevent light flickering here?

40. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

Hello

Is there a way to save texturing settings and use it at other terrain ? i use Worldcreator atm with RWT Real World Terrain from infintiy code . WorldCreator only for texturing atm but with 20x16 terrains much work when i need allways at again textiures and need again and again set texturing settings it with 20x16 = 320 times = months only for reaply texture settings :(

And is there a way to erosion and other things at extisting unity terrain without recreate it to worldcreator terrain ?

Thank you.

Regrads

41. HenryChinaski

HenryChinaski

After days of trying to make a tileable terrain (most configurations leave seams at the edges), I finally managed to create something acceptable.
    Now I have a VERY annoying problem that makes the asset almost useless for me. Everytime I generate the textures some of the textures settings get resetted, for example the factor of the noise map or the fade in/out of the height parameter. Same for the vegetation generation.
    Anyone having the same problem?

42. HenryChinaski

HenryChinaski

Okay, nevermind. Now the tiles dont line up again. Huge seams at the edges. No idea why. Will use another solution.

43. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

Hello,

Where can find the presets ? because not in standard or in pro at unity they are included anymore ?

Thanks you

PS:
    @HenryChinaski:
    I have a sript but it needs RWT.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  44. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Merry Christmas everyone!
    View attachment 349942
    I had fun putting this card together and thought I would share it with everyone. :)

Snow and haze by Weather Maker
    Landscape by Landscape Builder and World Creator 1
    Clouds by Fog Volume 3
    Trees by Forest Vision
    Placement by Vegetation Studio

45. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Hey everyone - we no longer use this forum for anything related to World Creator. Please join us on Discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/bjMteus) - the community is huge, friendly and absolutely fantastic. You will also find all the news and announcements over there :)

To be honest, I just accidently checked this forum and saw that last post :p - ok, see you on Discord.

46. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

No thanks.

You know how many flavor-of-the-month "communities" I've seen come and go over the years? Where will you go when Discord is no longer the cool place to be? Not only have you removed yourself from the #1 Unity discussion area, you have excluded all the potential forum posts and solutions from Google search and historical records. When Discord and all your user generated data is gone, Unity Forums will still be here.

I was considering World Creator for my next project but I'll be looking for something else.

47. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

For us, it is important that we have one place where we can handle everything - the Unity product and the Standalone product. It does not make sense in meanings of support having multiple places where we have to take care of.

Also, I did not know that we were #1 Unity Discussion area :) - if I look back this thread or do a search on other threads, I come to different results on this topic.

Discord has nothing to do with a cool place - and if it is gone someday, then we will find another place, else, there is also our support that can be used for questions and support requests.

As mentioned: For any further World Creator questions, requests, or just community stuff, visit us on Discord: https://discord.gg/worldcreator

It's easy, it's real-time, it's awesome!

Thank you :)

protopop likes this.
  48. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

Then you should have created a forum of your own like Amplify Creations did. That works well and it's all recorded and public for easy reference.

I didn't mean you, I meant https://forum.unity.com. The de facto place of discussion that you have chosen not to participate in.

Of course it will be gone one day, along with all of your user data. When I do a Google search, Unity Answers and Unity Forum threads from 10 years ago are still there. Your Discord data is nowhere to be found. You are dismissing the value of an organized historical record and as far as search engines go, your support may as well not exist.

My point exactly. Discord is not support, it's chat. It's designed for quick and dirty exchanges that are soon forgotten, except by Discord who records everything about you, your pc, and your network. It's the gas station washroom of the internet.

I will not be joining and I'll be encouraging others to look elsewhere too.

49. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Paul-Swanson and worldcreator3d like this.
  50. worldcreator3d

worldcreator3d

Thank you @wetcircuit - welcome to the club :)

@JohnnyFactor - Please respect our decission. It is well thought and we did not make this decission just for fun so be asure that we had reasons to do so. Thank you.