Search Unity

World Creator Professional got depreciated???

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mrdl2010, Mar 10, 2017.

1. mrdl2010

mrdl2010

Hi,

Any Unity staff can explain why my $200 hard-earn-money asset got depreciated?

2. mgear

mgear

3. mrdl2010

mrdl2010

Yes I read that. You can even see my comment below. I am asking Unity staff why did they depreciate an asset which uses their own API to prevent piracy.

.Unity Packages are everywhere from torrents to sharing website and Unity did not do jack and now they depreciate an asset use invoice API to reduce piracy a bit.

protopop likes this.
  4. nanthrox

nanthrox

It will be back in the asset store soon - however, customers who purchased World Creator through the asset store are free to contact support@bitethebytes.com to get access to our customer area where they can download the latest update of World Creator for Unity.

protopop likes this.
  5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

@nanthrox - I'm not a customer but this topic is of interest to all who are paying for and selling asset packs.
    Will the invoice authentication process still be included when World Creator is available again on the asset store?

Since this is a Unity authorized API that provides an easy way to affirm users are authentic and have paid for the product. What would Unity pull WC from the store when they provide this API for asset publishers?

6. protopop

protopop

I know Unity has pushed hard to support and encourage people to sell assets on the asset store.

So I don't understand why Unity would deprecate a fully supported, excellent asset that uses a Unity approved API to authenticate it.

I'm sure it will be resolved soon. But it troubles me that this can happen to an asset creator without warning. It's not encouraging for those of us who are considering submitting assets for sale.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. nanthrox

nanthrox

Hello everybody,

good news - the really quick and personal support of Unity made it possible to get World Creator Professional back to the asset store quickly.

Thank you and kind regards,
    Stefan

theANMATOR2b and protopop like this.
  8. protopop

protopop

Awesome:)

nanthrox likes this.