Search Unity

Resolved Workspaces

Discussion in 'Authoring Dev Blitz Day 2023' started by Baste, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Baste

Baste

This was something I know @willgoldstone was very excitedly showing off previews of a while ago. I believe that it's what you're calling "Workspaces" in the roadmap.

The idea is that we'd be able to switch Unity to a different mode to better work with specific kinds of features.

What happened to that planning? Did you postpone it? Still working on it? It's on the Under Consideration part of the roadmap, but I remember that you showed off some visualization of how you were envisioning it to look. I was somewhat interested!

NotaNaN, CaseyHofland and JesOb like this.
  2. EricDziurzynski

EricDziurzynski

Unity Technologies

This is something we're still very excited about and is still on our roadmap although we can't give any exact timetable for when we will tackle this. When we do, we want to be able to provide fast context switching between multiple workflows and tools within the Unity Editor. This will require getting all the different teams to align on the best possible configuration of windows and tools to present through this system and we are still working on that part. When we get to the alignment needed, we will work to deliver this feature to our users. We have no current timetable for this but we do want to assure you it's not fallen off of our radar we just need to prioritize this work against the rest of our backlog. When we do start working on it we will update the roadmap status and plan to deliver it with all the proper documentation, tutorials, and support to make it a success.

3. EricDziurzynski

EricDziurzynski

Unity Technologies

@Baste, if you have more specific feedback or feature requests for anything on our public roadmap, please do feel free to add it directly to the roadmap entry as it will then get logged and we will consider it during development. This really does help us prioritize which features we tackle first and how we go about the development.