Search Unity

Official Workshops: Welcome to the metaverse

Discussion in 'Road to the Metaverse' started by Unity-Gehan, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Unity-Gehan

Unity-Gehan

Administrator

Welcome to the metaverse: Your journey starts here
    Recorded on April 13, 2022

Meet your hosts for this journey, and get an understanding of what we’ll be covering across the series. We’ll dive into the mysteries of the metaverse: what it is, why it matters and how you can get involved. In this session you’ll also get an introduction to the Unity Editor, so you’ll be equipped to start your adventure.

Watch on-demand | View Slides

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2022
  2. FelixPias2010

FelixPias2010

Hi there,...
    I have a question. I started your video and tried to follow. I was inserting the vikings village, the Robot Kyle and the Rascal Studio which turned to be pink due to the rendering settings. How am I able to switch the materials / settings.
    It would be great to have a proper tutorial for importing problems when you insert the vikings with their own render settings to the render settings of kyle in URP and the Rascals which come from HDRP.

Could you make a deeper tutorial on something like this?
    I think I am not the only person always struggeling with the imports and pink materials.

jeromeatunity likes this.
  3. FelixPias2010

FelixPias2010

I would be very happy if you would do a special episode on import, Material conversions and rendersettings into the MetaVerse Series :)

4. FelixPias2010

FelixPias2010

For all interests: Lensflares are found in the Package Manager - Universal RP -> and there download the Samples

Import and in the folder URP Package Samples there they are and a Scene to see the different kinds.

5. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

If the project is set up to use URP, then the assets shared during the session should all work. Otherwise, use the Render Pipeline Converter under Window > Rendering > Render Pipeline Converter to upgrade from Built-in to URP.

FelixPias2010 likes this.
  6. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

Yes! Always import the samples :)

FelixPias2010 likes this.