Search Unity

Official Workshops: How to bring your real-time 3D digital twin data into Unity

Discussion in 'Road to the Metaverse' started by Unity-Gehan, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Unity-Gehan

Unity-Gehan

Administrator

How to bring your real-time 3D digital twin data into Unity

Recorded July 13, 2022

Global communication is being redefined for the metaverse. In this session, learn how to integrate data sources, including external sensors, Internet of Things (IoT) data and cloud-based digital twin APIs, to visualize right-time data.

Watch now | View Slides | Source Project

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2022
  2. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

Here is an interactive sneak peek of the demo we will be showcasing in the next session! Along with Chuck Norris facts, Dad jokes, and possibly Where is the International Space Station now!?

3. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

It looks like we broke Zoom and everyone was kicked off the workshop during Overtime! Apologies for that :(

4. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

5. hakumbom7

hakumbom7

Please for the video link for this live session?

jeromeatunity likes this.
  6. sholden

sholden

The link is broken. Can you repost the link?

7. Scott_Holden

Scott_Holden

Nevermind... apparently our Enterprise IT department has blocked Google Docs from being accessed from within our network. Sigh... :(

8. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

I uploaded a PDF version to Google Drive... Let me know if that's accessible for you.

9. YTCK

YTCK

Thank you for preparing the presentation for us. It's very useful for people who are not programmers. I found another product called Unity SystemGraph, and it seems that it is relevant to digital twin. But I am a bit confused.
    What is the difference between Unity SystemGraph and receiving data by using REST API? Is Unity SystemGraph only used for simulation (not including real-time & real-world data), but the one you showed in the presentation can include real-time & real-world data? Thanks!

10. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

Great question!

These are two different packages / features of Unity. What we showed in the workshop was consuming REST API data using Visual Scripting, that uses script graphs.

SystemGraph is a separate package that aims to help create, and simulate, mechatronic systems. It focuses more on sensors (LiDAR, IMUs, etc.), than external APIs. Think robots, drones, etc... It's a paid package that is bundled with Unity Industrial Collection.