Search Unity

Official Workshops: Build geolocated and social experiences in AR

Discussion in 'Road to the Metaverse' started by Unity-Gehan, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Unity-Gehan

Unity-Gehan

Administrator

Build geolocated and social experiences in AR
    Recorded on March 15, 2023

Made with Unity, Pokémon Go, one of the world’s most wildly popular mobile games, demonstrated the power of geolocated augmented reality (AR) social experiences. Learn how to leverage your users’ world location in your Unity apps.

Watch On-demand | Slides | Azure Spatial Anchors Project

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2023
  2. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

Thank you to everyone who attended today, here are the slides for this session!

TropicalCyborg likes this.
  3. TropicalCyborg

TropicalCyborg

Amazing content! Thanks a lot.

4. TropicalCyborg

TropicalCyborg

Where can I find the links to the slides and extra materials from the webinar?

5. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

6. Fai22

Fai22

Please add links to webinar - I so sorry to have missed the webinar - :(

7. gkara

gkara

Very nice webinar, thanks very much to all the Creator Series team.

@jeromeatunity I have few questions if you could take a look please:
    a. Is the rotation data of the cloud anchor points saved together with the position? Will the rotation of the anchor affect the rotation of any spawned content?
    b. You mention in the video (at about 58:40) the "precision" anchors. I googled them and didn't get any results. Can you post a link about them?
    c. You mention that both frameworks (Google Cloud Anchors and Azure Spatial Anchors) work for Android and iOS. If I develop a project in Unity with C#, do I need to write any separate code for the different operating systems or is everything managed by the frameworks?
    d. You did a very interesting overtime about using Unity as a library; is there any chance to upload the slides/project?

Thank you in advance,
    George

8. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

Hi George!

a. The Google API returns an ARCloudAnchor that extends GameObject and its transform value should have a rotation value, but I haven't tested saving the anchor with a specific value. I assume it's possible, but something to test first!

b. Precision Anchor might be deprecated, unfortunately I can't seem to find an updated reference. I assume the precision is now managed by Azure Anchors?!

c. Azure Mixed Reality Services have a Core package and dedicated ones for Windows, Android and iOS. It looks like the platform specific code is neatly segmented, so if you use the core functions, it should work across the board. The ARCore Extensions is compatible with both ARCore and ARKit and should also just work.

d. Here is the Unity as a Library main repo, used as a base for the project we demoed. I'll try to upload the project we showed this week and will post here, when it's done!

hth.

9. gkara

gkara

Thank you very much for the answers Jerome.
    The whole series is excellent and much appreciated.