Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Works fine in Editor but in build there's just yellow in the camera view

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ony, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ony

Ony

Forgive me if I use the wrong terminology here, as I'm primarily a PC developer but purchased an iMac to make a port of our PC game. So, I'm not super familiar with Mac ins and outs.

I'm using a (2017) 27-inch iMac 3.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Retina 5K display, 8GB RAM, and a Radeon Pro 580 (8GB). Unity 2018.4.13f1 LTS.

The game works totally fine in the Editor, no problem. When I make a build it also works fine and shows my title screen with no trouble. However, in that build, once I go from the title screen to the main game, the camera view turns light yellow with a black section on the right and a black strip up top. The UI shows up just fine. So it's not a case of the whole screen being blank, just the main camera view. I'll take a screen shot if needed.

Does anyone have any idea what would be causing the yellow? There's nothing in my logs and everything else seems to be working just fine. The sounds play, the UI works, just blank yellow in the camera view.

I'm going to try some various things but I figured I'd ask here also in case the yellow means something about something and I can check something. :)

I've also tried it with various player settings such as turning off Metal support, turning off Retina support, making sure the App Store thing isn't checked, etc. Basically just hoping to save several hours of tracking down the issue by throwing this out there for suggestions.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    JoeStrout likes this.
  2. Ony

Ony

Well, it turns out that the problem was with Tenkoku Dynamic Sky. All I had to do was uncheck the checkbox in its config that automatically adds FX scripts to the camera. Took me two days of trying everything, and it was a check box. Good times, hah! Leaving this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Thank you for following up with what you found. I develop on Mac all the time and had never seen anything like this, so I was really curious!

Ony likes this.
  4. Ony

Ony

No problem. Yeah, it's frustrating to find a thread where someone is having a problem that you're having, but there's no followup at all. Figured I'd provide one for the very remote chance that someone else encounters this issue. The screen was also turning deep red at times, which helped me narrow down the problem with various builds.

JoeStrout likes this.
  5. Ony

Ony

Awesome, thanks, @Ony. I was just having this issue, looked it up, and found this thread. You saved me a headache. We should hang out sometime.

JoeStrout likes this.