Search Unity

Working with Vuforia scale

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by nahoy, Jan 9, 2018.

1. nahoy

nahoy

Hello,

One thing I still don't understand with Vuforia on Unity is the scale of GameObjects. When we create an ImageTarget for a an Image that is 5.3cm x 8cm, as it is in meters in Unity, the object scale is 0.053000 0.080886. It is super small and the issue is in the scene view.

When we zoom in on objects at this level, it seems we don't have fine control on the camera zoom level. Every time you try to zoom a little bit more, it zooms a lot and it's rather difficult to work on objects like that.

Does anybody has a solution for this?

2. dpizzle

dpizzle

What width value are you inputing when you upload? This value is width of your target in Unity units. I usually use a value of 1. Default shadows and physics will work well at this level. Unless you have a specific need, i wouldn't use centimeter units.

3. nahoy

nahoy

Well I'm using the current real scale of my object, as recommended by the Vuforia documentation.
    So if my object has a width of 5.3 cm, I input 0.053

I don't really understand the need at all to input a width honestly...

4. nilsk123

nilsk123

Size of the object in unity is relative to the configured width of the target. So if you print a target a a size of 10 centimeters and give it width 10 in the Vuforia config, if you want an object to be displayed as 5 cm you'd give it scale 0.5