Search Unity

Working with the webplayer with the Facebook Unity SDK

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Vallcrist, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Vallcrist

Vallcrist

Hello,

We are trying to update our facebook game to use the new Unity Facebook SDK, however we stumbled on a serious problem :

Since we have no control over the HTML/JS that surrounds the web player and the initialization of the web player we can't disable the context menu, and since our game relies on Right Mouse button for some actions and locking the cursor isn't an option ( 2D shooter where the player uses the mouse to aim ) we're kinda on a tight spot right now.

Any of you guys managed to disable the context menu in a facebook game using the new SDK? If so, how did you do it?

Regards, Jefferson Bandeira

2. DnninDalke

DnninDalke

The only thing I found that maybe can handle html is this "oficial" workaround:
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs/unity/reference/CUI/

I would like to believe that it's not the only solution for this problem... Anyone else have other suggestions?

3. akasurreal

akasurreal

I also would like to know how to disable context menu with the new Facebook integration?

4. elamhut

elamhut

This thread is very important, anyone else would care to join in?

5. akasurreal

akasurreal

The more I look into this, I think the only option is to submit a feature request to Facebook to allow us to adjust this and possibly other settings, or Unity needs to provide run-time options. Anyone know someone that might listen on either front?

6. brian_jew

brian_jew

There is currently no way to disable the context menu. We will take this feature request into consideration on what to introduce next in the integration.

7. akasurreal

akasurreal