Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Working with extracted animation clips issue

Discussion in 'Animation' started by unity_2ED317CA9E486C6ADC6F, Nov 12, 2021.

1. unity_2ED317CA9E486C6ADC6F

unity_2ED317CA9E486C6ADC6F

Hello everyone. I use the animation clips pulled from the fbx file, there are a lot of them, so it is more convenient for me to work in this way, adding clips to the animator at the right time. I took the clips out of the model using the ctrl-d, while the model was with presets: the rig is a humanoid, the corresponding avatar was selected.
    However, when I select an object (which has an animator component) in the Animation tab to fix some animations manually, I get the following error - biding warning. So ALL of my changes instantly reset.

upload_2021-11-12_22-56-14.png

Actually from here the question - clips become generic after extraction?
    Is there a way to change the clip type? It is incredibly inconvenient to add all the clips to the model so that you can use them later since almost all the animations will be used by another object, and it does not seem advisable to INCLUDE animations in another model when all the clips can be in the same folder, you just have to select the required one.

I also noticed that even if the model has animation, and also a duplicate clip in the folder (to avoid "read-only"), I also cannot influence anything. And finally, in both cases, the selection of a bone in the skeleton using the "Filter by selection" does not lead to anything, the animation tab continues to be empty.

upload_2021-11-12_23-5-19.png

Thanks in advance for your answers. And to explain why I even got into it. I want to apply a mask on a layer in the animator for the character's arms, but in the animation that I want to use for those arms, the orientation gets lost (it takes it from the skeleton). I thought it would be nice to rotate my hands in the direction I want using the animation tab.

upload_2021-11-12_23-15-54.png

Attached Files:

2. unity_2ED317CA9E486C6ADC6F

unity_2ED317CA9E486C6ADC6F