Search Unity

Working with baseclass with a team.

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Locomalito, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Locomalito

Locomalito

Right now we are still in the research process and we have never used unity before. I would like to know how to implement a workflow where each member of the team will work in different games but will use the same base class. We are porting our games from flash. How we work there is we have a base class/game engine class that we all use. It is saved in our network drive and that folder is linked with our project files. Only one member of the team can edit that class. So when there are changes that needs to be implemented on all the games we only need to tweak the baseclass, then republish the games. How can this be achieve with unity? or is it even possible?

2. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I am not an expert in the area, but to me using a SCM is the best option. For example, you can use either git or mercurial and keep the repository in a shared network folder.

Each game can have its own repository and you can have one repository with code for your "framework" (code that should be shared by all of your games).

Also, each game would either include the "shared code project" as a "submodule" (to stick with git nomenclature) or you could have symbolic links.

Best

Adriano

Locomalito and p87 like this.
unityunity