Search Unity

Feature Request Working tables with custom enums

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by RastaGrzywa, May 25, 2021.

1. RastaGrzywa

RastaGrzywa

Hey,

First of all thanks for great package and amount of work You've putted in this project.
    As it is great asset manager I wonder if there could be a possibility to separate out some part of this package and create some custom package (I dunno how it could be called) that will be able to do the same thing but based not on selected language but on some custom enum value.

Example of that implementation I will see whenever we want to make slight changes in UI based on some user data and don't want to have always find connection where is that enum that we based our assets etc. etc.

What do You think about this?

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

We don't have any plans to support that use case at the moment. If you want a variant system based on an enum then you can still do this using Addressables, you could use a naming convention for the assets based on your enum. A full table based approach is probably overkill for a single enum and our tables are heavily geared towards localization so splitting that out into a separate package would be a significant amount of work.
    We do have some variants support coming in the next release which we may split Into a separate package although I also believe there is work being done to create a variant system in the future which would be more robust than the localization solution.

3. RastaGrzywa

RastaGrzywa

Thanks for Your quick and detailed response. I will look towards Addressables.
    Looking forward to see full release of localization package.

Thanks