Search Unity

working on small game need pointing in right direction

Discussion in '2D' started by DumokanArt, Sep 19, 2017.

1. DumokanArt

DumokanArt

Hi all, not sure if this is in the right area so mods please move if wrong.

I am working on a small point and click room escape style game completely solo. Almost finished all art but never really worked in Unity and I am not a programmer. So I just need someone to point me in the direction of tutorials so I can make and implement these mechanics I need to make my game work please.

My main view will be a 360 panoramic image, so I will need to be able to turn the camera by clicking on buttons on all four sides of the screen.

Next there will be areas/points of interest in the scene what will need to be clicked on. Once clicked on I want a "window" to pop up with a close up image of that area that can be interacted with. These points of interest wont have a sprite that can be clicked on as the main image is a panorama it will be a specific area of the image that needs clicking on.

When I click on areas of the screen I want some written dialogue to appear at the bottom of the screen.

I also need an inventory window to drop down with items you pick up.

Any help would be great, I really want to make this one small level solo without asking a programmer to make it. Thanks

2. Smokeythebud

Smokeythebud

Honestly I'm new also but I did all the tutorials starting with roll a ball. This really outlines how to use and navigate unity

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. DumokanArt

DumokanArt

Are these the Unity tutorials or different tutorials?

4. Smokeythebud

Smokeythebud

The unity tutorials, though you can find a lot of helpful stuff just on YouTube

5. hlw

hlw

Are you sure you can do this in 2D? I believe 360° pictures would work better in 3D.
    But if your picture actually is "flat", you can cut it in 4 pieces , detect what piece is at the center, and set the positions of the right pieces on the right and left of this piece.

Then you can use Vector2 clickpos = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(Input.mousePosition) to know the position of the mouse

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017