Search Unity

[Worker0] Trying to get RenderBuffer with invalid antiAliasing (must be at least 1)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DEEnvironment, Nov 24, 2021.

1. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

Unity URP api 12.1.1 2021.2.3

i also found a few old threads from 2018 about this subject
    seams it may have returned in 2021.2.3

this error happen when i was exporting a few new prefabs for the new 12x URP Decal Projector into a packed .unitypackage file

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Worker0] Trying to get RenderBuffer with invalid antiAliasing (must be at least 1)
    also may be related ?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Worker0] Attempting to get Camera relative temporary RenderTexture (width || height <= 0) via a CommandBuffer  in a Sriptable Render Pipeline.
    any idea what this was ?

2. novaVision

novaVision

Same here. This appeared after migration from 2021.2.5f1 to 2021.2.7f1

mediangame likes this.
  3. deXter_47

deXter_47

Happening for me too. Does anyone have a solution for this ?

mediangame likes this.
  4. novaVision

novaVision

I saw that someone advice to remove URP profiles and create new one, but I didn't try it on my end

gonzalezdiego likes this.
  5. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

only going form 2021.2.5f1 to 2021.2.7f1 is not a big leap
    its possible your api was 12.1.1 and you may have move up into 12.1.2
    Unity has been continually flushing out small bugs and it is always a good idea to make a fresh camera / Dir light / and profiles when moving up into a higher api versions .. also consider cleaning out unity catch files and let it regenerate

-- RenderPipelineAsset
    -- RenderPipelineLightLayers
    -- RenderPipelinePostProcessData

i am not saying this is the problem however it is good practice to clean out any lingering catch data

6. fendercodes

fendercodes

I'm also getting this.

I suppose it's worth noting that I use Enviro and Opsive UFPS - both which provide some URP renderer feaures, just in case anyone else is also using those.

7. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

if you can reproduce this, please can you send a bug report
    i have not been able to produce it again

8. spawnpointgaming

spawnpointgaming

I am getting this error while using the latest URP renderer from Gaia Pro 2021 asset.

Did anyone have any solution as how to fix such errors ?

9. Tycho

Tycho

I'm seeing the same errors in the editor after upgrading a URP project from 2021.1.12f1 to 2021.2.7f1.

upload_2022-1-14_11-54-32.png

They seem to consistently appear:
    • When I enter play mode while having a prefab selected in the project window
    • After exiting play mode and then selecting a prefab in the project window

10. Vaupell

Vaupell

2021.2.8f1 URP, found it only using Vegetitation studio trying to place vegetation.
    upload_2022-1-22_13-58-37.png

Also at and after runtime (it never stops) stack and leak errors. But this i find across multiple assets using any sort of URP..
    upload_2022-1-22_13-58-6.png

DEEnvironment likes this.
  11. SniperED007

SniperED007

I get this too (URP - Unity 2021.2.7f1)

[Worker2] Trying to get RenderBuffer with invalid antiAliasing (must be at least 1)

12. Nordjk

Nordjk

Same error. Has anyone managed to fix it?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Trying to get RenderBuffer with invalid antiAliasing (must be at least 1)
    2. UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
    3. UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal ()
    4. UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit ()
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.CameraData,bool) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.2/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:430)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,UnityEngine.Camera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.2/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:323)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.Camera>) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.2/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:278)
    8. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline:InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.Camera>)
    9. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset,intptr,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.Camera/RenderRequest>,Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle)
    10. UnityEditor.PreviewRenderUtility:Render (bool,bool)
    11. UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector:DoRenderPreview ()
    12. UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector:RenderStaticPreview (string,UnityEngine.Object[],int,int)
    13. UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreview (UnityEngine.Object,UnityEngine.Object[],string,int,int)
    14. UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset (UnityEngine.Object,UnityEngine.Object[],string)
    16. [C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Graphics\RenderBufferManager.cpp line 180]

13. SniperED007

SniperED007

I noticed I haven't had that in a few days, think it was because I deleted the Library folder and re-imported the project.

14. SniperED007

SniperED007

I'm getting it again. (Unity 2021.2.10f1)
    upload_2022-2-7_15-49-50.png

15. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

i mostly find this error when exporting files with materials in it into .unity compressed files

16. Skymorphis

Skymorphis

I'm also getting the same thing after upgrading from 2020 to 2021 Workers.png

17. IliqNikushev

IliqNikushev

Just got this when added script define
    ENABLE_HYBRID_RENDERER_V2

ran the scene

Then i just re-ran it and everything was fine

18. Glitshy

Glitshy

I get this as well, seems to be when I'm working with a Shader using the Scene Color node. Might just be coincidience though.

upload_2022-2-13_11-51-15.png

I'm on Unity 2021.2.11f1

19. webik150

webik150

I have the same problem in 2021.2.13f.
    I am also working with a Shader with a Scene color node.

20. Crawdad

Crawdad

I have the exact same issue.

21. kugimasa

kugimasa

I have the same issue too.
    I upgraded the Unity version from 2020.3.21f1 to 2021.2.11f1.
    Also some of the materials turned pink and the shader type turned to Hidden/InternalErrorShader at first.
    After reimporting my materials the pink was gone and the shader type returned to what it was, but I still had the error.
    upload_2022-3-12_22-50-27.png

22. PIKACHURR0

PIKACHURR0

i also have the same issue upload_2022-3-12_15-26-46.png

23. Tomas_Moesgaard

Tomas_Moesgaard

I got rid of these errors when I changed a shader using the Opaque/Color texture.
    Instead of accessing it directly via:
    TEXTURE2D_X(_CameraOpaqueTexture);
    SAMPLER(sampler_CameraOpaqueTexture);
    I switched over to using the include:
    #include "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/DeclareOpaqueTexture.hlsl"

Haven't seen the errors since. Hope this helps somebody.

24. ElliotB

ElliotB

Do you still sample the texture the same way as before? From GitHub, the include just defines the sampler/texture as :
    Code (csharp):
    2. TEXTURE2D_X(_CameraOpaqueTexture);
    3. SAMPLER(sampler_CameraOpaqueTexture);
    5. float3 SampleSceneColor(float2 uv)
    6. {
    7. return SAMPLE_TEXTURE2D_X(_CameraOpaqueTexture, sampler_CameraOpaqueTexture, UnityStereoTransformScreenSpaceTex(uv)).rgb;
    8. }
    but I can't see anything different in this to the way you defined it beforehand. It also defines the following statement:
    Code (csharp):
    2. #define UNITY_DECLARE_OPAQUE_TEXTURE_INCLUDED
    but I can't see anywhere else in the graphics github repo where that statement is referenced, so I don't think that could fix it.

25. S_P_L_E_E_N

S_P_L_E_E_N

I get the same problem when using the Opaque Texture in a Renderer Feature with a custom hlsl shader..

26. Blepius

Blepius

I've encountered this when using the following two assets: Poseidon, Brute Force Grass Shader.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  27. charlesvien

charlesvien

I've just been getting this error recently, just added the Volumetric Fog Bundle from Kronnect, so just wanted to add it to the list. Someone earlier said they noticed the error when an open prefab was in the inspector when they press play, that's the same for mine too.

28. Cranium-Software-Limited

Cranium-Software-Limited

there is also a bug, since there is zero perceptible fallout from this, it should be a warning, not an error.

29. Cranium-Software-Limited

Cranium-Software-Limited

... also the typo in the error message.

ALSO can someone just fix both of these instead of logging a bug or writing a reply? both are a huge waste of time compared to the work required for those fixes.

30. soleron

soleron

Also happens in 2021.3.0f1 with URP 12.1.6
    I deleted all the old URP related files and created new. No difference.

Enabling and Disabling the "Opaque Texture" in the URP settings seems to have removed the "errors".

If these are a non-issue and can be ignored, Unity should reduce them to warnings.

upload_2022-5-1_13-26-18.png

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  31. plyr4

plyr4

same 3 errors happening in 2021.3.1f1 after upgrading from 2020.3.32f1.
    entering/exiting play mode with any prefab or material selected would trigger the error stack.

for what its worth, reimporting all assets seems to have cleared the problem for me (for now).
    (reimporting only my in-scene prefabs and materials didnt work)

but be warned, doing a reimport could make problems much worse (missing inspector references and overwritten assets, for example) but for my simple project it solved the issue.

if you decide to reimport, at least make some sort of backup first.

32. plyr4

plyr4

scratch that, reimporting solved the issue for a few hours but the moment I selected a prefab that was missing a script (one that I had recently deleted from my project) it started throwing the errors again.

removing the invalid reference by deleting the script from the prefab resolved the console errors (for now).
    they do seem correlated with script/shader/material references being out of whack after the upgrade.

33. FamousJoshua

FamousJoshua

I had this error for a while and after much trial and error and soul searching (and this forum thread) I discovered it was related to materials that used an outdated shader. Like soleran says I'm pretty sure its related to the opaque texture setting somehow. I isolated and removed materials using that and it went away but then it came back. I discovered that not only do you need to fix/remove the offending materials but any PRESETS you have that used the broken shader will trigger it as well. So I had to fix or delete those as well. Just putting this out there in case it helps someone.

34. FamousJoshua

FamousJoshua

Aaaaand I spoke too soon. The error has returned and I can't find anything in my project still using the deprecated shader. So there must be something else. It's an editor only error and it only occurs when clicking something (anything?) in the project window. I had thought it was the thumbnails triggering it somehow. Sometimes it comes in the pair with the "[Worker0] Attempting to get Camera relative temporary RenderTexture (width || height <= 0) via a CommandBuffer in a Sriptable Render Pipeline." error but not always.

35. ExtraCat

ExtraCat

I was getting this error even when selecting objects with spriterenderers using default material, ie almost all the time. Reimporting did not fix it.
    It was irritating enough to go back to 2020 version.

36. VisualDima

VisualDima

Same errors. After upgrading from 2020 LTS to 2021 LTS.

37. Ultroman

Ultroman

Adding to the choir. We're on 2021 LTS and this error comes up every time I save changes to a prefab.

I found a fix for another issue that might be tangential, because it comes from the same Worker0 at the same time (immediately preceding the errors mentioned in the OP). This other error had to do with the icons for scripts/components. Setting them to None instead of one of the built-in icons removed that particular error, but we're left with the ones in OP.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  38. AndrewCzarnietzki

AndrewCzarnietzki

One more bump, its on any use having an object thumbnail via Odin. First time thumbnail appears its a little cube icon and then we get two instances of the error:

[Worker0] Trying to get RenderBuffer with invalid antiAliasing (must be at least 1)

Apparently harmless, but distressing to the team and would be nice to eliminate the console clutter.

39. JGameMaker92

JGameMaker92

Bump. It's giving me this same error and it's not telling me how to fix it or what it's referencing. Not very helpful.

40. KazooCar69

KazooCar69

Same issues here.

41. FamousJoshua

FamousJoshua

Updating to version 2021.3.4f fixed the problem for me. It's been a week or two and I haven't had the error at all since.

nik_nikita likes this.
  42. yonatanab1

yonatanab1

Enabling and Disabling Opaque Texture fixed it for me.
    Just make sure it's on the selected URP Asset file which you can find in project settings -> graphics -> urp asset.

Thank you!

43. DriftsandGames12

DriftsandGames12

I figured it out, so basically there is post processing put on an empty game object, that would be v1, when you download post-processing from the package manager its technically v2 not the entirety of post-processing ie., you dont have to have it downloaded to actually have post-processing, its just an "upgraded" version, you can only have one or the other not both and thats why the anti-aliasing values clash and you get that error

44. yonatanab1

yonatanab1

do we just need to disable these in the project settings or actually uninstall one of them in the package manager?
    I can't find anything in my project that uses the first one, and only the second one is installed (unless the first one comes with the urp asset)

45. scuko-chaos

scuko-chaos

i had the same problem.

i changed the MainCamera's Anti-aliasing settings from "No" to "FXAA" (Main Camera -> Rendering -> Anti-aliasing) and these errors are gone.

Unity 2021.3.3f1
    URP 12.1.6

46. mat108

mat108

It's not possible to use Unity anymore at all without being constantly bombarded with bullshit errors in the console, is it.

Upgraded my project from 2020 to 2021 hoping this would fix it and it's worse. I get the old bullshit error more frequently and I now get some new bullshit errors for free to go along.