Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[WORKAROUND] Unity 4.5.2 sometimes crashes when saving a scene.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GarthSmith, Jul 12, 2014.

1. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Hello!

FogBugz case number 619144.

I'm having issues with saving scenes in Unity. Unfortunately, this crash does not happen 100% of the time, more like less than 5% of the time. I'm not sure, but it seems to be related to:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-4-5-1-crashes-when-opening-scene-or-script.256003/

Crash report from OSX is below. If you need anything further I'll be happy to help.

EDIT: Additional case numbers: 619145, 619146, 619147, 619149. Sometimes, when the Unity "Report a Bug" window appears, Unity will not close and the OSX crash reporter does not appear. In these cases the OSX crash reporter does not appear and I have no crash report to pass on.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Okay, I think I finally got some reproduction steps!
    1. Create a new scene.
    2. Save this scene.
    3. While that scene is still open, delete the scene from the Project window.
    4. Hit Command-N to create a new scene.
    5. Save the new scene.
    6. Crash.
    I've done this 4 times in a row on OSX with crashes each time. I also tried with Unity 4.3.4 on this computer and Unity became unresponsive. I also tried in on a Windows 8.1 machine with Unity 4.5.1 and it did not crash. I also tried on a different OSX computer with Unity 4.3.4 and there was no crash.

superpig likes this.
  3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Have you attached these repro steps to one (or all) of your bug reports?

4. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Short Version: Yes, I included repro steps that only work on my computer. ='/ I lack knowledge to help more.

I wish I knew why these specific steps crash my Unity, while not crashing on other computers. Other coworkers do mention Unity crashing, but all I can really verify is that these specific steps do not crash other Unity's 100% of the time.

5. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014