Search Unity

Workaround to not use Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Vallar, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Vallar

Vallar

Hey everyone,

Basically what the title says. Version 2019 requires Unity Hub for services (Collaborate, Analytics, etc...) which wasn't the case in 2018. It is also one of the reasons I don't want to switch to 2019.

Is there a way around this. I really, really, hate Unity Hub. It is slow, it is missing a feature or two I have in a separate launcher (that literally boots like 3 times faster than Hub).

So yeah, is there a way around Hub with services?

BecUnity and EvOne like this.
  2. BecUnity

BecUnity

Hello,

Same here. I am not at liberty to install other software than Unity, I just want the update. Could you please let us know how to update without downloading this hub?

EvOne likes this.
  3. BecUnity

BecUnity

I was just provided this answer from the Unity team, sharing parts for feedback:
    "If you must, you can still download the standalone installer from the download archive. If you don’t want to overwrite the old installation just make a new folder for the install and name it “Unity 2019.x”.

EvOne likes this.
  4. EvOne

EvOne

For me there are no important advantages in the Hub. Only additional dances around the list of projects, which are even sorted by opening time incorrectly - by Win timestamp, and not by the real opening time.
    -Go to the project folder is not from Unity, changed something completely irrelevant - and all the sorting flew away.
    In addition - let's say I want a project from a large list of those already added to the hub, the Add-button will not show it among this list, you need to scroll through and search for yourself. :mad:
    -Why do I need all this shamanism? For what? Version Control of Unity Editor? I have no problem with that.
    And everything else provided by the hub is not needed for me, or done so that it is inconvenient to use.

While the projects are being opened from the editor himself - I will use this method and no hubs, sorry.

Googletranslate, sorry.

5. Vallar

Vallar

This is why I used to use this up until 2019.1 forced Hub down my throat. Good idea in general with hub, but really bad implementation.

EvOne likes this.