Search Unity

[WORKARND] - Unable to Move Clips or Change Default Clips. Animations work, unable edit statemachine

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dreg_master, Mar 18, 2020.

1. dreg_master

dreg_master

Hey Guys,

Situation:
    My Mechanim in Unity version is 2020.1.0a25 Personal, seems to be half paralyzed, Its not locked or anything (padlock icon) in multiple projects this is happening. I dont have any previous versions of Unity installed ATM to test on or any previous projects and would need to downgrade.

Problem: (See pic)
    Existing and new objects that animations are created for. I can drag in animation clips into mechanim animation controller fine, I cannot move them around in Base view or organize in a nice way.
    I cant change defaults clips, I can delete existing clips(orange) after clicking several times till it selects and hitting Del on keyboard and then other clips will take over (become the default orange). I cant really change transitions at all easily or add new ones, bools, ints etc, I can make layers but still same problem cant move anything around or do anything but delete or add clips, added clips remain grey and never able to become connected, unless forced by defaults clips deletion. This happens whether selecting the gameobject in hierarchy makes no difference. At this rate I can only make animations and not manage them in Mechanim's state-machine.
    MechanimProblem.png
    I have tried duplicating the controller and GameObjects, and creating new ones and its not working, I have looked at other project and its Mechanim is doing the same. I have a bad feeling Anima2D is lurking around somewhat redundant and I cant seem to remove it and not sure if it is causing this Because/OR the new Unity animation Bone systems I am using? (yes i made the new anims on the new bone system) Maybe I can use the UI Elements debugger if i knew what i was looking for. Or someone has suggestion on better thing to use than mechanim, maybe a package that fixes or improves mechanim? Maybe I need to code my own Clip playing scripts (hopefully not) ..Any help appreciated.

My version is 2020.1.0a25 Personal.
    Win10 Pro 64 on ASUS VE278
    Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    8GB RAM - SSD - 4GB AMD Radeon R9 380 Series

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

I believe the 2020.1 beta is out now so try upgrading. Otherwise report a bug and go back to a functional version. If you really want to use 2020 you might be able to just do your Animator Controller editing in another project on an earlier version and copy it across.

dreg_master likes this.
  3. dreg_master

dreg_master

The Beta Version worked to fix, mechanim is working moving clips around, thanks for your help.
    Made title WorkAround as this is still an issue with that version. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020