Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Word Game Tutorial in Android Mobile

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by davidteh, Mar 9, 2015.

1. davidteh

davidteh

Hello world ^^ I am new to here.
    I intended to create a word guess quiz games in Android mobile and integrate with facebook by using Unity.

Is that any sample projects or tutorials which relevant of the topic that i can refer to?

Your Help would be Highly Appreciated.

2. Effervescent

Effervescent

I'm new to game programming and picked up Unity just last week. :) Judging from what you're asking I assume you're probably new(ish?), too. I think many people get tired of answering this type of questions because the stickied threads in this subforum already explain how and where one should start.

Do you have any experience in programming? If not there is no magic tutorial that will let you create your ideal game *fast*. This is where you should start. If you haven't given up by that point then you should first learn how to script (I started with one of the live training session videos) and then work through *at least* the Roll-a-Ball project to put things into practice and perspective. Once you understand how to actually do things in Unity then you can start with your own project with the help of Gooogle.

I imagine that it would be something like:
    1. Grab a random word from a dictionary
    2. Implement a method to hide the word from the player while showing the number of characters (underscores or asterisks sound just perfect for this)
    3. Provide a method for the player to input her/his guesses
    4. Write a function to evaluate the player's guess and update the number of tries left as well as the hidden characters, if necessary
    5. Repeat the process and write scripts for the game to end and restart
    6. Finish the game here
    7. Only after this should you even consider putting in custom graphics for the letters, music/sound effects, Facebook functionalities... etc.

All there's left for me to say is don't give up and good luck. o:

davidteh likes this.