Search Unity

WolfQuest Amethyst Mountain Deluxe Released

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DocSWAB, Apr 30, 2008.

1. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

After two months of intensive development work by Russ "Lurid" Lunsford and myself, we've released a major update to WolfQuest: Amethyst Mountain. The Deluxe Edition includes grizzly bears, an AI mate that follows and hunts with you, and over 200 other bug fixes and enhancements.

This is basically the version of the game as we intended it to be in December.

If you haven't had the chance to look at WolfQuest recently, check it out.

The Web site also has a number of new screenshots.

http://www.wolfquest.org

Cheers,
    Steve

2. crockett

crockett

wow you have quite a active comunity built around that game. Congrats on putting it all together.

3. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

Thanks!

Yes, the community is actually a major component of the game project in terms of the educational mission, and it has gotten much bigger than we expected it would!

4. crockett

crockett

Yea very nice job on that, I'm impressed with how active the forum is. I checked it out because I'm planning the same kinda set up.. (not game) but building a community around the game.

5. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

Check out this recent Gamasutra/Game Developer Mag feature about community managers:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3603/online_community_management_.php

We have a staff person who is dedicated to being the community manager, and that has been absolutely essential to keeping the community on track, safe, and functional. It's not their full time job, but it is a part of their job description and they spend a fair amount of time on the boards, working with the moderators, etc.

We were lucky in that the community coalesced around an already popular subject -- wolves -- and so we didn't have to do a lot to drum up interest. Rather, we had to tread water to cope with the interest we attracted.[/url]