Search Unity

Wobbly active ragdoll

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Robray, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Robray

Robray

Hi, I'm trying to make an active ragdoll (a physic driven character that mimic an animation) using configurable joints and target rotation to sync it with the animation. Right now, everything seems to work juste fine except the fact that the active ragdoll is too wobbly.

I tried to play with the position spring value (set to maximum) but this thing seems to be directly linked to the rigidbody mass and if I want to have something really firm, I need to adjust all masses to some huge values, like right now, the pelvis mass is 1000, arms are 80, and it's still too wobbly.

The rig of my character is a bit more complex than the common one, it has mutiple vertebra bones, so that's probably why the ragdoll is so wobbly but this is not something that I can change now, I need to work with it.

I could probably get the right result by playing with all mass values but it would be ridiculous and I would need to adjust every other rigidbody objet's mass to be able to move the ragdoll. So does anyone know any other solution ?

2. vincewins

vincewins