Search Unity

WMR Thumbstick press not detected

Discussion in 'VR' started by KingStarScream, Nov 3, 2019.

1. KingStarScream

KingStarScream

Hello,

I a new developer. I want to use WMR and map my input to the game using Input Manager in the Unity Editor. I followed the manual https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Windows-Mixed-Reality-Input.html

every button is working fine (at least the ones I needed) except for the Thumbsticks Press. I tried every possible way that I know (joystick button 8, 8, 8th axis(joystick) (key and mouse, joystick axis) nothing is working.

Please help.
    Emad Gashgari.

2. jackpr

jackpr

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Looks like our docs are incorrect. Sorry about that! Here are the correct mappings:
    - touchpad touch: buttons 16/17
    - touchpad press: buttons 8/9
    - thumbstick press: buttons 18/19

I'll get that fixed.

By the way, the Input Manager is being replaced by the new InputSystem. I encourage you to look into the new InputSystem package instead of learning Input Manager:
    - https://blogs.unity3d.com/2019/10/14/introducing-the-new-input-system/
    -

3. jackpr

jackpr

Unity Technologies

The docs have been updated. Fixed versions should publish next week.

4. jackpr

jackpr

Unity Technologies

I should mention: some of the mappings were switched around in 19.2 and 19.3 so that wmr mappings would match up with other platforms. The intention was to enable easy cross-platform input using the button and axis mappings.

Make sure you check the documentation for the Unity version you are using for correct mappings, once they publish next week.

5. KingStarScream

KingStarScream

Thanks for the help and the update.