Search Unity

Games Wishmere – pixel 2D fighting game [out now on PC/Mac/Linux]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by CrayderStudios, Jul 4, 2015.

1. QFSW

QFSW

Awesome! Can't wait!

2. CrayderStudios

CrayderStudios

Big news: It's crazy to even type it: Wishmere is complete. The release date is September 26! We'll be releasing to PC, Mac and Linux. Check out the launch trailer:

The differences between the full version and the Early Access build re:
    • New moves + rebalancing for all characters

• Story Mode

• Free Mode (plays like a beat 'em up)

• Base of Darkness Mode (challenge maps with upgradable character-specific skills)

• Unlockables (taunts and lore stuff)

• Some other things (like 13 colors for each character)
    If you're interested, you can pick it up from our Steam store or Humble store. If you're unsure if this is a game for you, do try out the free demo on Steam!

Do let me know if you've got any feedback! If you guys like what you see, we'd really appreciate it if you shared the trailer with your friends or other communities. It's been a crazy 2 years developing this game and we hope people enjoy it :)

QFSW likes this.
  3. CrayderStudios

CrayderStudios

So here we are! As of today, Wishmere has released into the world. We thought it would be nice to include a Mac and Linux build, as there was some demand. Crazy 2 years it's been...

Do check out a playthrough of our beat 'em up mode below. It's one of our playable many modes:

Let me know if you have feedback! Thanks for all the interactions, discussions, questions & anything actually. It was super fun to share the journey with all the other devs out here in the Unity Forums and it made devving a little easier. So, thanks everyone!

4. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Congrats and good luck! I hope you are marketing it hard so it gets the attention it looks like it deserves. Really like the concept (rpg brawler) and the attention to detail.

5. QFSW

QFSW

Well done!! I'll be purchasing a copy when time and money gets a bit less limited :)

6. CrayderStudios

CrayderStudios

Wow thank you very much for the kind words! We really appreciate it. Attention to detail was one of our design principles as we felt small things can really make a difference to the overall quality.

Thank you for the support all this time QFSW, it really made developing Wishmere more enjoyable! Would love to hear what you think whenever you happen to get your hands on it, as you've pretty much seen it from conception to completion!

7. QFSW

QFSW

No problem! Glad I could give feedback, its a really cool looking game with a nice art style and a smash inspired but unique fighting style, and I enjoyed what I played of the demo :)

8. CrayderStudios

CrayderStudios

Thanks QFSW!

Also, just a quick update! Is anyone interested in winning a free copy of Wishmere? We're running a competition in partnership with Pixel Dailies, where if you sprite something from our Wishmere universe, you could end up winning a free copy of Wishmere. Check out the details here!

Thanks again guys and looking forward to seeing all the creations!

9. CrayderStudios

CrayderStudios

Hey everyone!

We have just launched our latest update to Wishmere. Its called 'Paragon Ascension'! Check out the trailer:

We added in a new mode, called 'Paragon Battle', where you fight against a challenging boss (think Omega Weapon from FF7) named Elreed, designed to be for those who like to fight hard bosses and eventually learn their pattern and slay them.

Beating the boss rewards you with choosing to unlock 1 taunt of your choosing, instead of having to unlock the taunt through achievements.

It was nice to add a sizable update to the game after a long time of being away from the game! Let me know what you think about our (cheap spammy) boss! :p