Search Unity

► Wireframe shader - The Amazing Wireframe shader ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It may be transparent sorting issue on mobile, try changing Cull option inside material editor, value of Back should work.

VacuumShaders - Facebook Twitter YouTube

2. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Make object static and then re-bake lightmaps inside scene (Unity generates GI only that way, or make sure Auto Generate is enabled inside Unity Lighting settings window). After that you can control light emission from material editor.

3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Re-writing PBR shaders.
    In Unity 5.6 current PBR shaders need about 1 hour to compile.
    Update will be available next week.

4. wunjox

wunjox

Hello, thanks for your help.
    It didn't work :/

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks

5. aufanoyump

aufanoyump

Hi,

I have a problem, I exported one model with morpher to fbx but when I push in the generate button in your plugin the animation doesn´t work.

Do you have any idea what's going on?

Thanks

6. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Can you e-mail to vacuumshaders@gmail.com with asset purchase invoice from the Asset Store included.

7. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

BlendShapes are not saved during mesh baking.They are supported only by GeometryShaders.

8. FabrizioFilizola

FabrizioFilizola

Hi, we bought your plugin and everything goes well until a couple of day ago when we export our project.
    Note that in edit mode nothing wrong happens, only when we try to make the build, we have this error:

Shader error in 'Wireframe Artist/Unlit': cannot map expression to pixel shader instruction set at Assets/Plugins/WireframeArtist/Assets/Shaders/WFACG.cginc(159) (on d3d9)

Compiling Fragment program with _CHANNEL_UV3 _MODE_SCREEN _WSTYLE_DEFAULT _WUV_UV0
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA

We are using Unity 5.6.1.f1 on Windows 10/64bit, building target x86_64/Windows

Thanks in advance for the support

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  9. freyjasewell

freyjasewell

Hi I need to upload what I'm doing to the HoloLens (using one of the transparent shaders) and so I need the file to be as light as possible. But when I try and export only the files I think I need the shader doesn't work.

What are the minimum files I can bring over to keep the shader working please?

10. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Wrong forum mate - Wireframe Artist - is not my shader.

11. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You may need to include Fallback shaders too. They are define at the end of the .shader file.
    All wireframe fallback shaders are inside The Amazing Wireframe Shader\Shaders\Resources folder.
    If building project include required fallback shaders to the Always Included Shaders array inside Graphic Settings.

12. Aliantos

Aliantos

When I switch the build platform to WebGL, all I get is a solid color, like this:

wire_webgl1.png

13. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

WebGL does not support Geometry Shaders. Use mobile (Unlit or One Directional Light) shaders instead.

14. Aliantos

Aliantos

The description for this on the asset store says "Includes shaders for Mobile, Desktop, VR, Consoles and WebGL"
    That was the whole reason I bought this.

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Description is correct, package Includes shaders for Mobile, Desktop, VR, Consoles and WebGL.
    Geometry Shaders are not for WebGL. Use mobile (Unlit or One Directional Light) shaders instead.
    You can try Physically Based shaders as well.

16. Aliantos

Aliantos

The same thing is happening for all of the shaders when I have WebGL selected.
    Even on PC Standalone, the only two that work are Geometry Shader and Tessellation. The rest just show up as solid black. Am I doing something wrong?

17. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Check ReadMe file inside Doc folder.
    It contains quick start and describes all wireframe rendering techniques.

18. Ostrith56

Ostrith56

I purchased this recently and it really is a fantastic shader! I need some advice - I am looking at the plane mask example of the battle bus and the barrels. I can see it is possible in the example to change from invisible mesh to wireframe mesh or from wireframe mesh to solid mesh - my question is can I do both: for my scene I want to give the sense of buildings under construction and would love to have a raising plane-mask transition from invisible mesh to wireframe mesh but followed shortly after by a second plane-mask that transitioned from wireframe mesh to a solid building. Any advice on how I could achieve this effect greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  19. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You can try using two objects with different materials. First one renders transition from invisible to wireframe, second one from wireframe to solid.

20. Y_Hohler

Y_Hohler

Hi Arkhivrag

Thank you so much for making our work faster ^^
    I have a problem when i switch to ps4:

Shader error in 'Hidden/VacuumShaders/The Amazing Wireframe/Geometry Shader/Transparent/Simple/Diffuse': Program 'frag_surf', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 3 possible candidates: at Assets/VacuumShaders/The Amazing Wireframe Shader/Shaders/cginc/Wireframe_PBR.cginc(106) (on ps4)

Compiling Fragment program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING V_WIRE_DYNAMIC_MASK_OFF V_WIRE_FRESNEL_OFF V_WIRE_TRANSPARENCY_OFF V_WIRE_LIGHT_OFF V_WIRE_DYNAMIC_MASK_BASE_TEX_OFF V_WIRE_TRY_QUAD_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA

do you have an idea what it can be?

Thank you so much

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Can you send E-mail to vacuumshaders@gmail.com
    Currently I can not test on PS4 myself and will have to send you several possible fixes to catch the bug.
    Can you include purchase invoice too.

22. mama_mia

mama_mia

I am using free wireframe shader but effect is not constant and flickers during mesh transformation.
    ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Can your Amazing shader draw constant quads? If yes than I will buy it.
    Thanks

23. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It works
    wire.gif

ina likes this.
  24. mcmorry

mcmorry

@Arkhivrag
    I'm using mobile shader with transparency and writing to depth buffer.
    on iPhone5s and on iPad Air it works fine, but on iPhone6s Plus there are many artifacts, like flickering, probably due to a depth test collision.
    Do you know what I could do to fix it?
    I saw that there is a option called "Improved Rendering (2 Pass). Could be useful for this situation?

25. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Transparent shaders are very problematic on mobiles, that's why there are several transparent shaders inside package.
    Choose one that best fits your needs.
    "Improved Rendering (2 Pass)" is used for better blending wire color and default base color, when animating wire transparency.

26. JuanCamiloAlcaraz

JuanCamiloAlcaraz

Hi, I am working on the Hololens platform and I have some issues with your free version. The issue is that the wireframe shader is only visible in one single lens when I made a build using the Render method "Single pass instanced" ... is this something that could be fixed? is this a limitation of the shader?. I have this issue with all the wireframe shaders I have tested so far.

Thanks,

27. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Just updated free version.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  28. kevinv123

kevinv123

Hiya,

I'm having some unwanted wireframe lines and they don't want to go away o_O

On the tree screenshot the purple lines are examples (so not all) lines I really like and want. The red lines are examples of lines I don't want.

treewireframe1.PNG

On the character screenshot. The left character has no complicated colors, just one, and it shows there are less unwanted lines, but still lines I don't like. The right one has the good colors, but still lines I dont like. Purple = good, Orange = i could live with them and red are lines I really would want to go :)

browireframe1.PNG

Mainly I only want the outside lines of the model and lines alongside of color changes i'm okay with but preferably not. Lines from edge to edge on a face of the model i really don't want (red).

In the attachment I added the model (.obj and .vox) for people to play arround if they want to help out. Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Kevin Vermaat

Attached Files:

29. nigel-moore

nigel-moore

Hi,

I'm having pink issues with the projector shader on my machine (Alienware Laptop, GTX 1070, Win 10) - the Projector demo scene shows lots of pink where I would expect to see the projected Wireframe. No errors in the console so I'm a bit confused. Any ideas?

30. NotEvenAverage

NotEvenAverage

Hi,

Just bought this and so far it works fine but I still can't find how to enable quad wireframe. I checked example scene and I see no difference in material settings between car and troll. Can someone explain how to do this or just tell me where I can find information like that?

31. mcmorry

mcmorry

I just want to notify that the last patches 5.6.3p4 and 2017.1.1p3 resolved this issue:
    "(950945, 950947) - Graphics: Metal: Eliminate z-fighting artifacts on certain devices."

Arkhivrag likes this.
  32. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If your target device can support GeometryShader it has quad wireframe option inside material editor.
    Untitled-1.jpg

Otherwise you have to generate mesh (check ReadMe file inside Doc folder) and enable Quad effect there.
    Untitled-2.jpg

33. NotEvenAverage

NotEvenAverage

Nice :). Thank you for reply and patience. Have a nice day.

34. maiscrudo

maiscrudo

Hi!
    I'm using your shader in my project: congratulations, it's awesome!
    I have an issue where unity sprites behind a mesh with rendering mode "Transparent" (any type) and "Render only wire" disabled are not visible even if I set alpha on "Color (RGB) Trans (A)" to 0.
    Other meshes behind the transparent mesh are correctly shown.
    Is this expected?
    Thanks!

Marco

35. syscrusher

syscrusher

@Arkhivrag, I just wanted to say how happy I am with this asset (and yes, I posted a review). I bought it to solve a simple problem in my project, and its capabilities are so far "above and beyond" that I am blown away. I'm going to use it in ways I never envisioned. Great work!

36. haijun

haijun

Hey, I was trying the quad rendering. And it's pretty cool! My work involves deforming the mesh, and when doing so, some parts of the wireframe become triangles again depends on how I deform the mesh. I guess you infer the quad in real time in the shaders? But it would be nice to always keep it the same as when it's first loaded.

37. haijun

haijun

What should I do if I want to show the wireframe with an arbitrary set of triangles? I see there is the mask feature, but it seems it's limited to plan and sphere.

38. haijun

haijun

I know wireframes are cool! Just wondering do you have any plan on visualizing just the vertex?

39. mldang

mldang

Hello! First off, thanks for making such a wonderful tool :) I'm currently having issues getting the wireframe to display correctly when trying to apply it to new meshes that I generate in runtime--it just shows up as an opaque material (still with the correct color, however). I saw a fix you mentioned earlier that involved attaching some form of AmazingWireframeGenerator, but I can't seem to find that script anywhere in my package. Thanks!

40. ben0ki

ben0ki

Hi,

I'm currently testing exporting to gfTL via the sketchfab exporter package for use in a web based AR experiment. I'm able to do this with simple animated scenes, but when I try to export using one of your examples it doesn't quite work as expected - you can look at the test exports here: https://sketchfab.com/ben0ki

I'm still fairly new to unity and all of this in general but I suspect the features used with the wireframe shader asset go beyond what sketchfab exporter can currently support see: https://github.com/sketchfab/Unity-glTF-Exporter

My question is, could any of the wireframe rendering options potentially work around this? Any other advice you can think of or is it a brickwall until sketchfab exporter develops further?

Thanks,
    ben0ki

41. ben0ki

ben0ki

After some more research I suspect it will never be possible. :(

42. Weaver

Weaver

Hi! I recently purchased this shader. I'm very impressed with its feature set - I had a question about some functionality I'm seeing. I'm using a cutout on the mobile shader of just a cube with quads enabled. When I rotate the cubes the wireframe appears to grow and shrink in size - can anything be done on my end to mitigate this effect? I've attached a recorded gif

I also took some screenshots and determined the rotated line width of the cube (in this instance) is around 14 or 15 pixels wide while the unrotated line is 10 pixels wide. I also get this using the geometry shader, and even setting "reduce by distance" and making big lines.

Thank you very much and have a nice day! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  43. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unfortunately you can do nothing. It's because of antialiasing algorithm (using vertex position on screen), and it is a little bit different for various positions.
    If shader properties are not change you can create wireframe texture and use it. It is much faster for mobile.

44. krabkrab

krabkrab

Import/compiling takes up to 1 hour in Unity 2017.
    Any advice would be great! Also kind of urgent...

Thanks for an otherwise great shader!

45. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It may only happen if you are importing package for Unity 5.6 inside Unity 2017.1
    Upgrade Unity to 2017.1.1 and re-download asset.

46. krabkrab

krabkrab

Thanks for replying.
    I bought the asset today and already have Unity 2017.1.1f1 installed.
    So if you have any idea let me know, i will try again in the meantime.

47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Before re-downloading asset using Unity 2017.1.1 clear asset store cache folder:
    PC - C:\Users\[Your Profile Name]\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store
    MAC - "~/Library/Unity/Asset\ Store".​

48. dflint

dflint

Blendshapes. I read here that they arent supported and yet the first attempt I had to have the wireframe shader on my blendshape controlled mesh worked!

I can prove it here : http://danielrogerflint.co.uk/ethpet/ (move slider to change blendshape)

Yet in all subsequent attempts, the blendshape disappears from the mesh!

I've tried everything to emulate my initial workflow and it is obvious that it CAN be made to work...I'm sure i'm just doing the same thing, with same import settings.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Danny

49. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Blend shapes are supported only by GeometryShaders. If baking mesh then blend shape data may (and will) lost.

50. dflint

dflint

Thanks. Any idea how i got it to work the first time then?