Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Wipe database

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by DavidZobrist, Feb 6, 2022.

1. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

Would be great to be able to wipe cloud save databases. Anything like this planned yet?

2. Unity_AndyP

Unity_AndyP

Unity Technologies

Hi David,

We are currently looking into editing fields and data for specific users within Cloud Save, as we are in the beta we are constantly looking for feedback to improve the product.

Would you be able to give me a detailed use-case for what you would use total wiping of the cloud save databases? What circumstances would you need this for? Would it be for a total hard reset for each environment? how would it fit into your workflow?

Look forward to hearing from you

DavidZobrist and unity_Ctri like this.
  3. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

Hi Andy,

thanks for your reply. To be honest its a very specifc case as you probably never want to do this with real players.

Currently auth has an issue with anonym auth beeing based on the session token. Meaning every new session token players would be a new user with no more save game. But it creates new entries all the time.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/authentication-fails-with-invalid-token.1228659/#post-7847229
    During development with anonym auth, I create entries in cloud save and the player managment frequently which I never use again.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Its great to hear you work on editable data! This will help a lot also in development.
    (please also make the changes listenable through the client)

Code (CSharp):
    1.     CloudSave.ListenField("currency") += OnCurrencyChanged;
    3.     public void OnCurrencyChanged(oldValue,newValue){
    4.     // Do your own thing
    5.     }