Search Unity

Games [WIP] Zeus Project - Space Shooter

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by LilFire, Oct 3, 2019.

1. LilFire

LilFire

Hi everyone, I think my project is advanced enough to create his own thread. This project is called "Zeus Project" and it was my last year school project but I'm still working on it. It is a scripted game with 2 main gameplay. The first one is a space shooter where you have to... Destroy things. The second one is a FPS infiltration gamplay on a planet.
    Here are some gameplay videos.

Every feedbacks and ideas are greatly apreciated, thanks=)

ps: Sorry for my bad english

2. exiguous

exiguous

It is good to see more SpaceSim games but its sad there is no interest/reaction in this.
    Some random thoughts and questions from me:
    The visuals are great. Could you please explain a bit how you make them? Do you use some 3rd party assets?
    The planet is only backdrop or can you fly to it?
    The rotating radar makes me motion sick and is impossible to read. Normally the radar is static and shows objects relative to my ship (ie above and behind me).
    I'm missing some health indicators. It's unsatisfying when I can't see how enemy health goes down and how long it takes to finish.
    What are your future plans? Shall this be mission based (like Freespace) or open world (like Freelancer)?
    Is the ship control and camera scheme your own work or an asset? Reminds me alot of Freelancer and I like that game.

Anyway. Keep up the good work. It inspires me to get back to my own plans for a space sim. But it's disheartening that there seems to be no interest.

3. LilFire

LilFire

Thanks for your feedbacks!
    -For the visuals, it looks beautiful because of the bloom and the light mostly i think. I'm using the Dirty lens Flare asset.
    -You can't fly to the planet.
    -Currently you can't destroy ships but i don't want to add health bar. Instead there will be some smoke/visual effects on ships, depending on the damage amount.
    -The game will be mission based with the first half missions in space and the other part on ground.
    -The ship and Camera system are mine.

4. CrazyNito

CrazyNito

Looks amazing, what did you use for spaceship exhaust trail?

5. LilFire

LilFire

Thanks! I'm using a modified version of the Standard Assets Afterburner.